7:Diminishing Distances!

Morning 8:00 am.

Me and Manahil were in room,waiting for Bhaiya to bring our breakfast.Manahil was busy playing with her doll while I was sitting near the window couch,pondering over my life.

Kia zindagi hai meri!Jise chahti hn use chah kar bhi nhi chah sakti!

"Good morning!" Bhaiya's chirpy tone slammed me out of my chain of thoughts.

I stood up from couch while smiling at him, "Good morning Bhaiya!"

"Good molning Mamu!" Manahil too looked up at him,giving him her hundred dollar smile.

"Good molning!"Bhaiya replied cheekily while keeping the tray on bed and Manahil's smile vanished listening her accent being enjoyed by Bhaiya.

She scowled at him and Bhaiya laughed sitting infront of her on bed,pulling her red nose.

"Don't.louch.me!"Manahil slapped his hand while gritting angrily and Bhaiya laughed more.

"Bad manners Manahil!"I showed her my eyes and she immediately made a puppy face while pointing her finger towards Bhaiya.

"Mamu always,always makes fun of me Mama!Hal baal mela mazak ulate hain!"She complained to me while scowling again at laughing Bhaiya and I picked her up in my arms before sitting on bed with her in my laps.

"Kyon Bhaiya?Why do you always make fun of Manahil?"I faked anger while putting a piece of pancake in her mouth and she had it quietly as her whole concentration was on Bhaiya.

"Tou iss mein meri kia galti!She is funny!" Bhaiya again pinched Manahil's nose and Manahil jerked his hand again,now getting extreme angry.

She opened her mouth to say something when I kept another morsel in her mouth making her turn her angry eyes at me.

I smiled sheepishly at her and she jumped off my laps. "Main baba jaani k paas ja lahi hn!" She spoke angrily and stomped out off room before I could even catch her.

"I'll get her back!"I was about to stand up from bed when Bhaiya held my palm. "Let her go!He is her father!"

He looked at me and I averted my eyes.

"Nhi na?Manahil ko Manik k paas bhejne ka dil nhi hota na tera?K kahin Manahil Manik se ziada pyaar na kar le?Aur tughe bhool jaye?" He smiled but I could feel sarcasm in it.

"Manahil loves her father more!"I told him plainly and he closed his eyes before sinking a shallow breath.

"Of course she will!He is her father hagemaru!And after three years she has met him why won't she love him!"Bhaiya stopped as he noticed my face falling.

"But that doesn't mean she doesn't love you!"He pressed my palm asking me to look at him.I did and he frowned seeing tears in my eyes.

"What happened?" He gasped seeing me breaking down in tears.

Pushing the tray which was between us aside,he scooted closer to me and wrapped his arm around my shoulders,taking me into his chest.