003

Not many things freaked him out. His mother killed his father, His sister was half demon, and his best friend was a werewolf. However, Denver burrows...yeah she freaked the shit out of him. All in all he wasn't necessarily sure if it was because he actually felt an attraction to a female in not only a sexual way but as in like a dating way or...well y'know that accurate ass dream she had.

"Do you follow me everywhere I go?" Denver asked as she walked out of Hemlock Groves public library. "Im pretty used to seeing your car, being that you live right beside me, but knowing that it's waiting here for me I'm kind of starting to hate the sight of it."

Roman stared at her the whole time as she spoke. His thumb nail remained in between his teeth as he lightly chewed. He ignored her playful tone and the dimples in her cheeks. He hated those stupid dimples. "Get in."

Her face dropped slowly and her dimples disappeared. Roman wasn't playing around with her. "I'm not going to do that." Denver knew better. This was a town full of murder and ripped body parts strewn around the woods. She didn't care if he was her neighbor, the neighbor was always the murder in the movies anyway.

"Get in, Denver." He reached forward and grabbed her hand, when she tried to calmly pull away from him he held her hand tighter and pulled her to him so they were chest to chest.

He didn't say another word, but the look in his eyes as he stared down into hers intimidated the hell out of her. Those intense greens they usually were had changed damn near hazel. "Okay, okay." She whispered with a nod. Her hand slipped out of his as she walked around to the passenger side door and let herself into his car.

He got in the drivers side and started the car. His jaw was tense, she noted to herself, so clenched it was as if his teeth would break any moment. He looked like he was about to go mass murder on the whole town and that didnt look fun as she imagined it in her head. He took a deep breath and shook his head, "Describe it."

Her wide amber eyes snapped over to greet the side of his face again. His jaw set back into being clenched as soon as he finished the two word sentence. "Describe what exactly?"

His knuckles were turning white from his grip on the steering wheel. "Your dream." He licked his lips glancing over at her. "Describe your dream to me."

"Can we please just get out of this car and talk?" She was sick of his car and to her stomach. Her voice wavered, she was scared of him at this moment and he knew it. He quickly pulled over, putting the car in park and getting out of it. He walked around to the passenger side, leaning over her to unbuckle her. She was uncomfortable, she didn't know him well enough for all of this. "Roma-"

He grabbed her hand once more, pulling her out of the car. He didn't do it roughly, just quickly. He wanted to know everything she could possibly tell him. "Were out of the car, tell me. Now."

She crossed her arms and shook her head, walking around him into the wide field with scattered trees he had parked beside. She sat down about 3 feet in front of a tree, just enough to have shade. She was showing her unbelievable stubbornness, Denver liked to do the things she wanted and do them how she wanted do them. She could see his feet in front of her now, they were big and were always graced with fancy dress shoes. She heard his deep sigh in somewhat annoyance as he sat down.

"It wasn't a dream." She said softly, avoiding meeting his eyes as she picked at the grass beside her. "I died."

He squinted at her and his head tilted to the side slightly. He had definitely heard crazier things, he thought, but she was very much alive as she sat in front of him. "Be serious, Denver. I don't play games."

"I am being serious." She snapped at him and to his surprise her face held a slight scowl. "I woke up at 3:27 in the morning in a house that did not belong to me." She let her gaze drop from his face again. "It was calm for a moment, and then...boom. Like a grenade. Then I was completely on fire."

"So how would that explain the fact that you knew the color of the house or how you're still alive or why-" He was going through a list of questions that she had asked herself in her head the morning that she woke up.

"Look, I get it, okay?" She shook her head, tucking her hair behind her ear. "I sound crazy. I don't know how I knew the color of the house. It was like I wasn't me, I was in someone elses body and I knew their memories and secrets." Her face looked pained as she looked as him and they way it physically affected him to see that look on her face almost had his eyes melting into his head. "I still know them."

"So when you woke up in the morning?" He asked, egging her to go on.

"Well I closed my eyes tightly and when I opened them back up, I was in my room again. I was me, but I was still burning." She could remember the intense stinging of her skin melting off of her bone and it made a shiver run down her spine. "I passed out from the pain and woke up the next morning. There was blood, so much blood, all over my sheet, but not a wound on me."

"What are you?" He questioned staring at her intently, he knew she didn't know. That pissed him off. If she didn't know what she was then that meant it was going to be twice the trouble for him to find out.

He snapped out of the thoughts in his head when he hear a slight sniffle come from the girl in front of him. She tried to hide it from him as she twirled her fingers around grass, but she knew he had heard it. "Whats wrong with me, Roman?"

He watched as the tear trailed down her cheek. This was the second time they had really 'hungout' and each time she had cried. He flinched as the feeling of wanting to hear her laugh overtook him. Feelings ugh. He could almost vomit all over her lap for giving him the weird rushes in his brain that he really didn't fucking want. They felt so odd and disgustingly good. Feelings. He knew his face must have held a look of distaste as he spoke. "What kind of place would Hemlock Grove be if we all didn't ask ourselves that question at least once?"

Boom. Like a grenade. The sound of a soft laugh in between the sniffles coming from her nose as she wiped the tears off her cheeks. Boom. What the hell was that? It was like a dry heave when he heard that laugh, like a choke inside of his chest. Or maybe a weird feeling that his brain had never contained before so it was trying to figure what to do with it. This wasn't just boy meets girl and Roman was very aware of that and he was even more determined to find what exactly it was. The thing was, he knew exactly who could figure out not only his problem, but Denvers as well.