008

Denver swallowed hard as the woman in front of her glared, making Denver feel as if she were two feet tall. She had managed to make it inside of Destinys apartment this time which surprised her and she would express the emotion if her face weren't frozen. The trip to the apartment building had been less than eventful. Her joints were frozen and every time she moved they would crack and agony would rush through her body.

"Does Roman know that you're here?" Denver painfully flinched at the sound of his name. She need him most at this very moment and he literally wanted nothing to do with her.

"H-he I-" She stumbled over her words, swallowing down the ball forming in her throat. "Were no longer friends."

"A very good decision on his part." Destiny nodded and Denver refused to look at her in fear that she would burst out in tears. She just didn't understand why everyone was walking all over her as if she was just scum on earth. "Maybe he isn't as stubborn and stupid as I assumed."

"Yeah." Denver voice cracked as she fiddled with her fingers. "I guess not."

"I heard your mom died." Destiny said in a flat tone. "Sorry to hear about it."

"It's alright." Denvers voice was barely audible as she looked down at her blue fingers and tried to keep her mind off of her mothers death.

"Okay as much as I dislike you," Destiny squinted letting her eyes roam Denver. "Are you okay? You're turning blue."

Denver couldn't answer as she struggled to breath and fell to the floor. Her vision was blurry and she was so numb that the stabbing sensation of being so cold had faded. "Help." Denver lightly whispered as she reached out towards Destiny.

"No can do, short stack." Destiny kneeled beside Denver and stared down at her. "You gotta die unless you want your daddy to."

And Denver did just that. When she woke her teeth were still chattering and she was wrapped in numerous amount of blankets. She managed to let out a sob as the tears started to pour out of her eyes. "I'm so tired of this." She screamed as she pushed the covers off of herself. "I dont want to die anymore, what is wrong with me?"

"You really honestly don't know, do you?" Destiny spoke from her seated position in the chair across from Denver. "You have no clue."

"No." Denver sat up and tried to calm her breathing as she stared back at Destiny. "Please give me one."

"Well you already died in my apartment." Destiny snapped at her. "You've probably released a number of evil spirits that i'll have to cleanse myself of just by being near you. Jesus."

"What are you talking about?" Denver gasped as her eyes widened. "A-am I possessed?"

"If that were the case then when you showed up to my door for the second time, I would have stapled the address to you nearest priest to your forehead and sent you on your merry way." Destiny rolled her eyes and Denver was relieved that being possesed wasn't the case. However, that meant she still had questions that she needed Destiny to answer.

"But I am evil?" Denver asked herself more than she was asking Destiny. "What kind of evil?"

"I don't even know why I let you into my home, this was a bad idea." Destiny shook her head as she stood up from the couch pulling at her hair. She looked as if she were having a battle with herself. "I think you should go. Now."

"No!" Denver begged as her eyes pleaded up at Destiny. "Please. Kill me after you tell me. I don't care everyone might be better of if you do, but please. Please. I need to know. I can't do this anymore, if there is a way to control it then I need to know."

"Promise me you will stay calm." Destiny spoke in a stern voice as if she were scolding a whiny toddler. Denver nodded at her, "Come here."

She led Denver to a table that had a number of books sprawled across it. "What is this?"

"My place of business." Destiny hissed back as she sat down and pulled a book towards her, starting to flip through it. Denver took a seat as well and after moments of silence Destiny finally spoke again. "You're something way worse than an Angel of death or the Grim Reaper." She stated as she ran her hand over the page of her book.

"But I don't take peoples lives." Denver whispered as she looked down at her folded hands. She was sure that she didn't take anyones lives. If anything other people took hers over and over and over again for no reason. She told herself in her head that she was definitely not that bad guy, she was not the one feeling death for kicks.

"Oh, but you do." Destiny sneered, snapping her fingers so Denver would look up at her. "You bask in others agony and thrive off of their scream. You love it."

"Just tell me what I am, Destiny, I need to know this." She begged and looked into her eyes. The pause was unbelievably long as they both stared at each other.

"You're like a raven that smacks into someones window at night, letting them know death awaits." She spoke without blinking or averting her eyes from Denvers. Something told her that Destiny had once had an experience with someone like her and it had scarred her for life. "You're a banshee."

----------------------------

Sorry I am slacking on this story. College started back up and I have been to busy with these research papers. Never take english online. Anyway, I know its short. Im sorry. But its an important chapter for the rest of the story. Thanks and let me know what you think pleaseeee.