004

"Where are we?" Denver asked as she nervously fiddled with her hands. The two were walking up the path to a large brick apartment building.

"Hopefully a place that answers the questions we both have." Roman answered, opening the front door for her.

"What? Like a doctor?" She questioned as her pace slowed behind him so she was now trailing along.

"Nope." He chewed his lip as he waited for the elevator ding. "Something way crazier."

"I don't know what you're planning Roman," She said in a wary tone making his eyes slide over to meet hers. "But I beg you...please don't treat me like an experiment."

"What?" He snapped his head over quickly to look at her, "Why would you think I would do that?"

"I've been in the white tower, Roman." She glued her eyes to the floor. "I've seen what happens so please don't let them do something like that to me."

"Denver." He stated in a oddly sympathetic tone, begging her eyes to travel up and meet his own. "I would never take you to that hell hole place. I trust noone to lay their hands on you in any innocent way. I won't allow it."

She gave him a close lipped smile and her cheeks slightly dipped in on the side. "I thought I knew you, I thought I had you figured out."

He gave her a questioning look as her grabbed her elbow and tugged her into the elevator. She was being really weird and confusing today. "What are you talking about?"

"I always assumed like everyone else did." She shrugged with a look of guilt on her face. Roman knew what she was going to say and he really didn't care. In the end he actually was what everyone said he was and he was damn proud of it. "I believed you were a spoiled little rich kid, who thought he was too good to communicate with anyone else."

He let out a loud genuine laugh, shaking his head at her. "And you think me talking to you makes that assumption untrue?" She nodded at him just as the elevator opened to the 3rd floor. "You've got it all wrong. I should be honored that someone like you would lower their standards to even glance at me."

"I don't have standards." She replied grinning from ear to ear.

He smirked, reaching forward and brushing her long hair over her shoulder, "Well maybe you should."

He gripped her hand and led her out of the elevator, walking past a couple of doors before stopping at one. The smell of incense lingered through the cracks in the door. Roman reached forward and gave 3 hard knocks, subconsciously playing with Denvers fingers that were wrapped around his own.

"To what do I owe this pleasure?" A beautiful brunette questioned after she swung open the apartment door. Denver tilted her head to the side as she looked at the woman in the doorway. She sure was good to look at for Roman, but what else could she offer?

"She needs your help." Roman replied, swaying his and Denvers connected hands almost as if he was gesturing to her.

The womans eyes trailed over to Denver, her eyes slowly turning into slits. "Leave."

"Destiny?" Roman said with a confused look on his face as he stared her down. Destiny had never been this way or had this look on her face.

"You can stay, Roman." She glanced over at him for a split second before her eyes returned to Denver. "I was talking to her."

"Me." Denver whispered as she slightly pointed to her self. She had never met Destiny or anyone she was related to, but then again Destiny was obviously a gypsy so who knows who her family really is.

"Yeah, you." She hissed back. "Someone like you is not welcome here." Roman put his hand up begging her to stop as he saw Denver emotionally breaking down just by looking at her eyes.

"I think you have her confused with someone else." He replied, doing anything to make Destiny reason with him, but she showed no sympathy to the small girl beside Roman.

"No." She snapped back. "I know you may not be able to help the pull that you feel towards her, Roman." She stared him down. "But you need to watch yourself and who you surround yourself with, She might as well be named death."

That was the last thing Destiny spat at them before she slammed the door shut and the numerous locks could be heard clicking to completely seal Denver and Roman out. "Fuck you! You gypsy cunt!" Roman yelled kicking the door.

"I don't understand." Denver said quietly as she stared at the door, her eyebrows so furrowed that they almost met in the middle. It was almost as if she hadn't heard Romans outburst and was left drowning in the words Destiny had said.

"She's a fucking bitch." Roman spat in an angry tone much like Destinys as he drug Denver back to the elevator. "Theres nothing more to understand."

Roman was completely sure about what had just happened. He knew what ever Denver was, she couldn't be completely human. He also knew that though Destiny wasn't open to negotiation about helping Denver out, Peter might be.

"Maybe she's right," Denver nodded staring up at him. "Maybe you should stay away from me. What if i'm a psychzophrenic basket case and if you don't get out now it will be too late?"

She managed to spill it all out mid panic attack. "Hey!" Roman grabbed her hands and let his eyes meet hers. "Listen to me." He made sure to keep their eyes connected to assure he had her full attention. "I'm not going anywhere, you got that?"

She took a deep, cleansing breath let her eyes close and slowly open back up. She nodded at him and he nodded back leaning forward to kiss her forehead. He wondered if it was bad that he was sort of thrilled that Destiny had turned them down. It meant Denver was dark, really really dark. Destiny did more than dabble in dark magic and her not wanting to be anywhere near Denver meant something. It was a complete mystery and he was excited to see the outcome of it all.

______________________________

I didn't pre-read because im super tired so there may be too many mistakes to count but ill fix them tomorrow! Goodnight or goodmorning everyone lol :)