006. wrongfully arrested

THE AVATAR'S BIG SISTER .

── ☆ ☆ ☆ ──

"𝐋𝐄𝐓'𝐒 see. . .multiple counts of destruction of private and city property. Not to mention, evading the police. You two are in a whole lot of trouble."

Barely two hours ago, we arrived in Republic City. Everything was going just great. . .of course, until my wonderful little sister decided to get us arrested because she just wanted stop some criminals, but instead of complying, she decided to escape (also, as usual, ignoring my pleads to stop and give in), which resulted in almost half of Republic City destroyed.

"But, there were some thugs threatening a helpless shop shopkeeper and I had to—"

"Can it!" The officer, who stood across from the investigation table, sternly cutted Korra off. "You should've just called the police and let them handle it."

"Look," I started with a charming and convincing smile, slowly standing up from my chair. "I'm just an innocent bystander. I have nothing to do with this, so I'm just gonna' make my way to—"

"SIT. BACK. DOWN."

"Yes, ma'am," I hastily quivered, dropping back down. With a flick of her wrist, the officer metalbended handcuffs around both of our arms to the table. 

Korra scoffed, rolling her eyes. "Wow, you're such a supportive sister." 

"Look, I love you, but we both know that I can't survive a day behind bars," I leaned back onto the wooden chair, a defensive scoff escaping my lips. "Besides, it's true! I did absolutely nothing! I mean—yeah, I may had been involved in the process of escaping, but I begged the loser to give in, yet she didn't listen!"

"Can you please shut up?!" Korra hissed quietly at me, before turning to the officer with a pleading look. "I couldn't just by and do nothing! It's my duty to help people. You see, I'm the Avatar!"

"You see, I'm the Avatar!" I mocked her confident tone quietly to myself before turning to her with a scrunched expression. "Spirits, you're so embarrassing."

She huffed and exasperated, "Well, what am I supposed to say?"

"I—" I pursed my lips with genuine thought before shaking my head out of frustration. "I don't know! You're always using the 'I'm the Avatar' card for every time you get in a bad situation, which makes no sense, because last time I checked, an actual Avatar can bend four elements, not three."

"You know, you're lucky my hands are locked up in these things or else—"

I gasped dramatically and cried out, "Are you threatening me, young lady?! I'll have you know, I am your older sister!"