Chapter 18: Once Upon a Sappihire

{Doran pronounced DOOR-RE-EN}

Lord Doran was the worst of the worst. Here I thought that Lord Morris was a filthy rapist even though it turns out he isn't. But this man, so very disgusted. When Lord Morris and I arrived, he thought I was Lord Morris slave. He asked Lord Morris if it was ok If I talked to him. I was completely offended and had to hold back my scoff. This is new territory, I don't have free reign like I do back home. I held my tongue at that time. While he spoke to us at his table, he reached under the table and touched my leg. I smacked his hands away which he didn't like very much. Lord Morris had not noticed, and I did not tell him. Who knows how he will react? We were escorted to the guest chambers, and during the walk, I was groped, and I swore under my breath.

"Would you like for her to be in a separate room?" Why do you keep asking him if its ok for me to do something? Lord Morris already corrected him once, but he refused to acknowledge me as such. What a prick.

"No, she sleeps with me." Lord Morris replies.

"Ah, very well." Lord Doran smiled while opening the door. The room was not as lavish as Lord Morris bedroom, but it was better than a servants room. I could tell that this village did not seem to bring in that much money.

When we arrived, I could see the tattered cottages, and this semi-decent Lords home just further proves the point. Because we came so late, he did not discuss what exactly he wanted. When we retired to the bed, I went behind the divider and changed into my nightgown. I brought all solid ones and not the sheer ones I would wear with Damien.

"What do you think of Lord Doran?" he asks as he adjusts in the bed.

"Honestly?"

"Of course."

"I do not like him," I reply and he chuckles

"Why not?"

"He treats me so demeaning. Asking you is it ok for me to do this and that. Next, he is going to ask you is it ok if I breathe." Lord Morris laughs,

"He is stuck in old ways. In the old days, the original vampire King and Lords treated humans the same way he treats you. Some of them were even raped periodically just for the fun of it." I felt a cold tremor. I stepped from behind the divider and climbed into bed.

"Do you often think like that? Like the old times?" He shakes his head,

"I never cared for the abuse of women, no matter what species. But Doran is a direct descendant of one of the original vampire families, so he's stuck in those ways." I pull the covers up and turn over,

"As long as he keeps his hands to himself," I grumble. Lord Morris did not laugh. It was a stiff silence, so I leaned over a tad to see him dressing.

"Where are you going?" I ask

"To Lord Doran's chamber." I sit up from the bed.

"Why?"

"Because obviously, he doesn't understand what I meant when I said you are my lady. So I will show him," he replies coolly as he fixes his trousers and exits out the door. I shrugged my shoulders and thought nothing of it. I closed my eyes and sighed until I heard a loud crash. I sat up from the bed and looked around the small room.

Another bang was heard, and I jumped. The noises were coming from outside in the hallway. Should I investigate? Prepare for a fight? I was startled when the door opened, and Lord Morris dragged Lord Doran in the room by his forearm.

"Apologize to my woman, and tell her you won't do it again." Lord Doran looked like he would rather have his manhood tore off him then apologize to a woman. But Lord Morris shook him hard, and Lord Doran finally opened his mouth,