cerulean blue

Olivia had been feeling guilty for avoiding her children more and more. She could feel them both slipping through her fingers, the only problem was that she didn't know how to stop it. She couldn't get a grip on her emotions. Seeing Arden, looking her in the eyes hurt from all the guilt. It physically hurt Olivia to see her daughter after what happened, because she didn't know how to fix it.

Olivia was used to being there for victims after the fact. After the worst moment was over, svu showed up and tried to help. But this time she was there she saw it happen first hand, not to mention it was her own flesh and blood. How do you fix that?

The case that was laid out in front of her made her feel even worse about it all.

She had to shut her eyes as the rolled the body of the young woman passed her.

"Liv," Amanda spoke up as she approached her, Olivia quickly opened her eyes trying to act natural. "Are you alright?"

Olivia nodded without making eye contact, "yeah."

Amanda was not convinced but she let it go and walked away.

When Olivia got home she started cleaning, doing laundry and cooking all at once, anything to clear her mind. The twins weren't home. Liam went to see a movie with his friends and Arden never even told her where she'd be.

While Olivia was in the shower she heard the front door shut, keys being dropped and a thump followed by a few curse words. Olivia smiled to herself, Arden stubbed her foot against the chairs in the kitchen countless times.

The feeling of guilt rose up and the woman's smile fell. She missed the way things used to be. In the time she finished rinsing the shampoo from her hair she decided it was a good idea to go speak to her daughter. To hold her. To just start being there again. No more excuses.

Once she was dressed she walked over to her daughters room, knocked and slowly pushed the door open. The fairy lights were on giving the room a soft blue glow, Olivia approached Arden's bed where the teenager layed, already asleep.

Liv sat down slowly. She couldn't help but sigh as she smelt a mixture of alcohol and smoke lingering on the girl.

"Im sorry I let it get this bad Ary. I'll fix it I swear."

Olivia placed a kiss on the girls cheek and slipped out of the room silently, fighting tears.

AN: thanks for reading. Any thoughts? Suggestions?  Let me know