Chapter 1: Trapped (Lizzie's P.O.V.)

"Why am I here, Trevor?!" I yell. I sit in a dark room on a fold up chair tied up with some invisible rope that Trevor created.

"Lizzie, it's me. Don't worry I'll get you out of this mess!" Jarad says running up to me with his black diamond eyes staring at me.

"Why am I here?!" I yell struggling out of the ropes.

"They want to kill the chosen one, and they know that she'll find and save you."

"Alice?! Why do they want to kill my best friend?!" I yell in horror. No one hurts my friends, especially my best friend!

"Lizzie, wake up! She's the chosen one, destined to destroy our kind!" Jarad yells trying to put it in my head.

"Right, sorry. I still see Alice as a weak human who's getting threatened for no reason thanks to you." I say glaring at him. I'm still ticked at him for trying to kill Alice for wanting to be with her soulmate more than him. He wanted her to be with him just for her blood and when she finally got with the love of her life, he tried to kill her.

"Look I feel really guilty about that believe it or not. It's just that she had the best blood out of all of them and you don't understand how much midnights crave human blood. I swear though, I'm not going to date anyone else for blood, or well anyone for any reason for that matter. If I can't be with you, then I'm just going to remain single." he says as his diamond eyes look at mine, which sends butterflies up my spine, and all I can see is him and those diamond eyes. That's when I lost all control and kissed him. He kissed back then finally looked at me, stunned, "I love you Lizzie, I only want to be with you. Which is why you are going to listen to Trevor. You see, him and the midnight army he's building are going to offer you the potion to become a midnight if you help them kill Alice. Here's the plan, all you gotta do is act like you're on our side. I'll tell Alice where you are and what's going to happen. I know her well enough to know that she will understand and not get herself killed. Her and her supernatural buddies will find a way to get around us and save you, I promise."

"Jarad, I want to stay a supernatural though. I absolutely hate midnights! They are greedy and powerful for the wrong reasons. Just let me out!" I say trying to struggle out of the rope.

"Don't you want to stay with me though? We've been waiting forever for an oppertunity like this!"

"I do, but if I have to kill my best friend..." 

"You don't," he says cutting me off, "All you have to do is drink the potion when you get it, then pretend you are on our side. Then make your way out of the door with Alice and her supernatural gang."

"Jarad, the only gang Alice has is Nathan and I. I can't betray them by becoming a midnight as much as I want to!"

"You don't have to join the midnights just because you are one. Convince Queen Meredith to be the only midnight on the supernatural side and say you transformed for your soulmate. She'd understand, because she isn't the one that made the stupid rule of supernaturals and midnight can't be together, that was us! Fight with Alice and Nathan, they can actually use a midnight. Okay? I'll tell Alice what we all want you to become, and I know for a fact she'll understand."

"Fine, just so I can be with you. I'm not joining your dumb army against my friends though." I say looking down. I'd do anything to be with him, except for hurting my friends.

"You don't have to. I don't want to be here either, but I have no choce. Trevor is counting on me to help, and if I don't, bad things will happen. Things you don't want to know. I want to be a supernatural badly, believe it or not. You're the first person I've told this to." he says with truthful eyes.

"I wish there was a way for that to happen, I really do." I say sadly. You see, humans can become supernaturals and supernaturals can become midnights with this potion that they are offering me, but you can't go backwards. You can't go from being a midnight to a supernatural or a supernatural to a human. If midnights were to drink the potion again, they'd die. It sucks for natural- born midnights like Jarad where both of his parents are midnights, so when he turned sixteen he became a midnight. Just like how Nathan became a supernatural at sixteen. 

"I know." he says as he holds both my hands, "Maybe if we both talk to Queen Meredith about becoming supernaturals, she'll think of ways."

"Maybe, we can only hope." I say as I kiss him on the cheek. He kisses my cheek back then makes his way toward my lips. Just as he gets inches away from my lips, we both hear footsteps coming near us.

"Aww, look at you two lovebirds!" Trevor chants as he enters the room.

"Shut up, Trevor!" Jarad says and playfully punches Trevor on the arm. They both laugh while I roll my eyes.

"So you know the plan, right dude?" Trevor asks him. Jarad nods and looks at Trevor with a serious face.

"I'm right on it, dude." he says as he walks out of the room. Trevor turns to me then gives me this evil smile.

"What do you want, Trev?!" I yell struggling out of the ropes. I put a mind block up so he won't see that I'm actually acting.

"Simple. I'm going to give you that potion so you can be with your soulmate on one condition. Join us Lizzie." he says as he gets closer to me.

"Not gonna happen!" I say acting, knowing he's gonna threaten me with something and I'm going to have to give in.

"It's either join us, or die in a burning fire." he says as his hand wraps around my neck close to choking me.

"Okay fine, I'll join your stupid crew now untie me and give me the potion already!" I say.

"I can untie you, but you are staying this room until you get the potion. I don't want the crew to mistake you as a supernatural who needs to die."

"When will I get the potion then?!" I ask impatiently.

"When we find the ingredients. They are really rare, so it's going to take forever to find them."

"So, how can you guarantee me a potion."

"It doesnt matter if I can or can't if your life is at risk, right? Although we will find it for you."

"Yeah, whatever."  

"Just trust me!"

"How can I when you kidnapped me and forced me to join a crew I don't want to against my own will?!" 

"I don't know, but at least try okay?"

"Whatever." I say as I get untied and Trevor walks to the door.

"Here's your new home for now. You get a little air matress to sleep in over there, some food in the fridge over there. Make yourself at home." he says as he walks out and locks the door. What he tends to forget is I'm a wizard. I smile as I go near the slight sunlight coming in from the hole of my window and form some type of spell with it to transform my home into my room back home. I smile as I get in my bed from home and fall asleep, dreaming about being back home with my friends, just like the old days.