19

Nick's POV

Day 2 in New York, the first was arriving and popping into radio stations, now in this second day I am supposed to have more things to do that Phil hadn't informed me about.

The first thing I learned that day was Demi's in town and she's coming over to see me.

"Open up, asshole!" She banged on the door countless of times, I took my time to open the door.

"Hey," I greeted wearily.

"Well, someone's happy to see me." She said sarcastically "Who died?"

"My hopes and optimism."

"Hmm. Tough." She helped herself to a drink as I plopped down on the couch.

"So, do you think I should be a regular on Nick and Miley? Maybe change it to Demi and Demi? Just Demi?"

I stared at her "It's a sin to speak about that show in here."

"Wow, something is up. I just thought you woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Wanna talk about it?" She sat next to me.

"Miley and I had a fight." I blurted "She's acting so different."

"Have you apologized?"

"It wasn't my fault."

"Have you apologized?" She repeated, I gave her another stare.

"Something's up with her. It's like she wont tell me anything." I threw my head back, but Demi was silent. I eyed her who was suspiciously stirring the bottle of mineral water in her hand.

"Dude," She finally spoke up "I know what's up."

I looked at her. "What?"

"Miley's preggers."

I stared at her for a moment "Yeah. And?"

"Wait, you knew?"

"I was going to ask the same thing. Did she tell you?"

"Yeah right! She doesn't even tell me her number, I had to save it when she called me. I figured it out that she was pregnant."

"Is it obvious?"

"I don't think so. She wasn't drinking and whenever she sat down she looked down to her belly. She pretends to be smoothing out her dress but she really was rubbing it. That's how I knew."

"You're good."

"How come you didn't tell me?!" She demanded.

I shrugged "It's a secret. We don't want it to be more widespread."

"I'm your best friend, you ungrateful piece of shit!"

"I was going to tell you today,"

"Aw," She cooed, but then smacked me with a pillow "You could've told me sooner."

I threw my head back again and sighed. "Wait, so you know she's pregnant...then that means there's another reason why she's acting different. Tell me what's going on!" She pressed, I picked myself up again and told her everything that happened Thursday night, trying to recite each word we said in hope it can help her get the idea.

I told her how she seemed scared of me, how she avoids eye contact, how she constantly talks to me like I'm someone else, and then there's how she wouldn't tell me what she really wants.

Demi stared off into the distance, her hand balancing her head as she furrowed her eyebrows nervously.

"She's scared of you?"