3. Fish

(Like the bow he made)

I quickly made a simple bow, using unusually tough vine for the string. "Looks like I carried this branch for nothing," I mumbled in annoyance, as maneuvering through the brush with a large stick was not easy.

I only have one arrow though, which I sharpened with one of my horns. They really did come in handy sometimes.

Well, the moment of truth.

I lightly gripped the string, trying to remember the form when aiming. I pulled back on the string, which was surprisingly flexible, and found my desired fish. Using gods eye, I could tell it was a male salmon, 20 pounds.

But, Holy shat. I didn't know salmon this big were in places other than the ocean.

I tensed my back muscles, wait, I HAVE BACK MUSCLES! Now that is a new and welcome advancement.

Never mind that, I get ready to shoot, pulling back on the vine a little more, and let go. Or at least I was gonna let go but the vine snapped. "What the FUDGE!" I shouted. I unconsciously tightened my grip and the bow snapped in my hand.

I was so close to eating too! I heard my stomach growl again while I plopped back down on the bank, pouting in despair.

I got closer to the river, finding a still area among rushing waters. Looking at my reflection I jumped in surprise.

I knew I was decent looking but I didn't know I looked that good. "Thank you god of death," I said while smiling in appreciation.

 "Thank you god of death," I said while smiling in appreciation

I definitely look better than I did in the old world. Now I look badass. I don't know if I look good compared to this worlds standards though, but meh.

I went back to my spot on the bank, returning to my train of thought. Good ways to catch fish.

Suddenly, I heard a rustle across the river. Fixing my sight on that spot, my body became alert. I then headed back to the forest, hiding in the brush.

It took another five minutes for the cause to come in sight, making me relax my posture. An older man in merchants clothing came out of the forest and quickly made his way over to the river.

By the way, he seemed to be wary, as if an unknown source was scaring him.

Well, my intuitions probably wrong anyways. I was about to exit the forest to say hello when he thrust his hand into the water and grabbed a small fish.

Wow. I didn't even think of doing that. And then, I decided to emerge into the light. Hehehehehe, that sounded a little dramatic.

The second I entered his view, I saw his body stiffen. An odd response since I'm a normal hu- Oh.