Chapter 1 Mental Relapse

Author's Pov

"TIME TO GET UP, MAGGOTS!" The usual morning wake up call no one asked for. You'd been here for a good six months, but still you didn't like the Solider's early morning rooster call. It didn't help that you struggled to get sleep some nights anyways and today was one of them. The only thing fun about it was the very Constance back talking of Scout when first being woken up. It was very similar to your hatred of getting up, but you weren't gonna talk back, it would give away that your were female. Yes, one of two secrets that the team had no clue of. Thank god for being a Pyro. You would've guessed Medic or even Spy would find out by now, but no. Miss Pauling kept her promise of making sure they wouldn't find out if she could help it.

You got outa bed with a grunt, barely thinking, only acting out of habit. Brushing your (h/l) (h/c) hair, pulling it back into a tight ponytail to keep it out of your face when it came time to battle. (unless of course your hair's too short) washing your face real quick, taking your medications, antipsychotics, and one that was meant purely to suppress your body's ability to produce and release dopamine. The latter of them, proving not to be nearly as effective in the heat of battle which is when you'd currently need it to work the most.

The other Secret of yours; how wildly your imagination painted everything once you had enough Adrenalin and stimulation out in the field. When it came to your team mates, you only saw them as roughly human shapes in colors of red, and the enemy team as a pure blue. You'd slowly started understanding what you'd see in that state of euphoric joy, when in this more conscious state. The rough shapes only applied to your team, you could clearly see every class on team blu, allowing you to pick vital targets. The ones seen with the most details was the blu Pyro and Medic. Any time you saw that Blu Pyro using his flame thrower, your mind painted the picture of a blue dragon breath out blue flames, of...well sadness. And the Medic you saw as blue demon of some kind.

You only half understood some of what your mind was telling you outside of that state, because when trying to recall the memories you saw only what your mind told you, you saw. So things were exaggerated and extreme. The only other person of the field you saw differently was your own Medic. The image was... Tasteful.... Sorta. It was actually much worse then you were willing to admit and accept, because of how much you liked Medic.

Anther affect of that particular state is you stopped hearing what was really happening, very few things were heard properly. You could always hear "Help! Thanks! Spy!" but not a single other thing from most of your teammates, excluding Medic. You always heard exactly what he said, very clearly.

You got lost in your thoughts, mumbling out loud, soon forgetting some of your medications. "HURRY UP MAGGOTS, YOU EAT OR STARVE!" a reminder that if you didn't get a move on, who ever didn't show up in time would go hungry. You sighed, marking the little paper you kept with your meds to remind you that you took them. However you forgot some and didn't realize it. this would come back to bite you in the ass soon enough. You hurried to get your suit on, gas mask included, rushing out to go pick up your portion of breakfast to eat alone in your room. No one questioned when you ran off with your food.  Why would they? The first day you were put in the field you'd competently forgotten all your meds and more or less went completely crazy that day, killing half your team and half the Blu team, it took a full hour before you were brought down just enough from your high before you were shot with a sedative dart, to be monitored by Medic and Miss Pauling.

You mentally screamed. You had no reason to be so annoyed, rarely was food always cooked before you came down to retrieve it. You sat on the floor in the corner letting everyone sit at the table, not being disturbed by your presence. You listen to what they were talking about. The usual chatter and arguing, bragging about last nights poker game, even boasting about just how good they were gonna do in today's battle.