Chapter Seven

Edited By XxJemanixX

Chapter Seven 

Something catastrophically changed, in that very moment, John had never felt so brilliantly in love with any woman. Of course, none had come close to the charming and witty Miss Emma. He hadn’t a clue how this change in him had come about, but it had and he was not willing to change it.  

They’re lips met and the floor fell away, oh it was as absurd as it sounds. There was nothing and no one in existence for John and Emma in that moment. She clutched on to his shirt lapels while he gently tilted her head back, wanting more. She tasted of honey and spice and he could not seem to find the will to stop.  His unoccupied hand fell to the small of her back, pulling her closer. There was not an inch of space between the two.  

Emma felt that her world had been shattered and scattered into the wind as she clutched onto John eagerly. Her face upturned into his, she knew not what to do as John guided her supple lips intimately. Her hands slid from his shirt to wrap around his neck as she pulled him ever closer.  

The obliviousness that often comes with new found love left both John and Emma unaware of the maid and the cook that stood a few feet away.  

“Oh! Excuse me! I did not mean to intrude!” 

“Pah! Intrude?! Why, Sam they be smooching in the hallway of all places! Lord help me, I canna’ see how we might ‘ave avoided them if we wished it!” 

Sam of course blushed increasingly if that was even possible and was now starting to resemble a ripe tomato. The cook merely nudged her and grinned, finding the situation just that bit amusing.  

John and Emma jumped apart at the sound of Cook’s boisterous laugh and grew as red as the young maid; Sam.  

Emma let out an undignified squeak whilst John scrambled to stand, in the process dropping Emma onto the floor. She did not appreciate the sentiment and sent him a glare before quickly rising up and off the floor herself. John gave both the servants a brisk nod indicating that they may depart. As they took their leave Emma huffed clearly annoyed and turned on her heel towards the stairway.  

John hurried to walk beside her; he found that he was marginally relieved that she had forgotten her source of distress and despite using unconventional means to quieten a crying lady; he had indeed succeeded, regardless of his method. A smile of triumph tugged at the corner of his lips.  

“Why, Miss Emma if I didn’t know any better. I would say that you are in quite a hurry to get away from me.” 

This statement was followed by a mock frown and Emma stilled. She turned around and looked at John sternly.  

“That Sir was the most improper and atrocious thing any man has done to me! I am leaving this house, this instant!” 

“I don’t know that you should. I find that you rather enjoyed it by my calculations and thus atrocious is hardly the word darling to describe our…indiscretion.” At this John smiled innocently and appealingly, but Emma was not oblivious to the teasing light in his blue eyes. 

“Do not call me darling, you fiend! How dare you take liberties with me!” She growled lowly and stomped her foot. John could not help, but find that she looked absolutely adorable with her eyebrows arched and a frown lacing her features.  

“Oh but darling, contrary to what you believe, you took liberties with me.” 

This stunned her and her eyes widened as she stared at him confused. John fought to keep his face absolutely still as smiling was not an option.