ch. 2 - human

'Trust is like paper;

Easily ripped apart.'

||||

Ginny talks a lot.

However, that isn't necessarily a bad thing, to Adeline. She likes listening to people, but only... 'Passionate' people. The ones whose eyes sparkle when they speak, occasionally averting their gaze to you, checking your reactions to what they're saying. The ones who end up looking at a wall or in the distance- but they're not really looking, just merely resting their eyes on a position so as they can focus on their talking. The ones who ramble and end up explaining different factors that aren't even that important to the main subject, winding away on shorter stories inside the actual point.

Ginny is that kind of talker, and Addie loves it. She talks quickly but clearly enough to understand her, Adeline adding in her own comment now and then.

It was a real step up for Addie; Ginny was immensely confident and she treated the girl from the Black Lake like anybody else. As if they'd known each other longer than only a few nights.

She told Adeline lots of stories of when she was younger, mainly consisting of iconic memories from The Burrow- which was Ginny's house. Pranks from Fred and George were the main ones, though, and sometimes Ginny had joined them in planning and commencing the tricks.

The two were sitting cross-legged across from one-another on Hermione's bed, since she was in the next-door room with Ron, the mattress soft but very old, though cushiony enough to provide a little comfort, even if it was mainly from the soft and wrinkly forest-green duvet.

They were in the middle of a conversation on the topic of magical creatures, considering they fascinated Adeline more than any other magical topic, when a voice in the room next to theirs could be heard shouting.

The two looked to the wall separating theirs and the one in which held Ron and Hermione. However, this voice did not sound like either of theirs.

"...Who's that?" Ginny spoke up, pausing their previous subject, straining her ears to identify the person.

Ad shrugged, her eyebrows furrowed.

"Should we go look?" The fourth year asked again.

"Yeah, definitely." She nodded and stood, the two girls leaving their room and lightly shutting the door, standing in the opened entrance of the neighboring room.

"...I'm the one who saw Voldemort return, the one who fought him, who saw Cedric Diggory get killed!" Harry Potter yelled, back facing the two girls at the door.

"You're not the only one, you know. I was there too." Addie spoke up unintentionally, causing Harry to whirl around in revelation.

"Adeline..." Hermione spoke softly, shaking her head, trying to signal Ad not to start an argument.

Too late.

"Don't." He snapped. His green eyes bore into hers, flared up, though they were no match for the icy stare she gave in return. "Maybe if you told me before that he was your Father, this wouldn't have happened. He wouldn't be back and Cedric would be alive."

Harry took threatening steps toward her, but Adeline only glared at him, holding her stance.

"Harry! I didn't—"

"NO!" He yelled, shutting her up. "YOU FOUGHT WITH HIM! AGAINST ME!"

"I'm sorry! I couldn't control it! It wasn't me—"

"SHUT UP!" He bellowed, voice quietening down with venom lacing his words. "If you were human, if you were who I assumed you were, you wouldn't have done this. You wouldn't have fought alongside him. You wouldn't have broken my trust."

The room filled to the brim with silence as his words shocked them all to the point that no one spoke for a few seconds. Tears sprung to Adeline's eyes as they softened in defeat, trailing down her freckled cheeks rapidly, the world around her blurring, as she ran from the room.