Chief is a bitch-Joe

My head, dear God. I can barely look. Still, I don't regret anything. I can't remember the last time I went to a bar. Man, this job sure is annoying from time to time, but the salary is not that bad.

Ahh, my head. Where do I keep the aspirins again? On the nightstand, or... the bathroom, yes, I think it's there.

I staggered to the bathroom, hitting a wall with my head from time to time. God, how many drinks did I have again? There was some beer, vodka and t, t, tequila, yes. But how many of each were there? I know that I drank 2 shots of tequila, but everything else is blurry.

I started looking for the aspirin in the bathroom. There! I'll wait 10 minutes and I'll take a cigarette. Ugh, the chief will murder me for coming like this to the job. I need to act like everything is normal.

****************

I slowly walked inside the police station, feeling better than half an hour ago. Maybe chief won't notice? But I know for sure who will. Lana. She can be a real pain in the ass. I wish she stayed the same when she first arrived here. She was so shy, always listening to the authorities and, more importantly, she didn't annoy me. In fact, I'd send her from time to time to buy me cigarettes. Once she realised she doesn't have to do everything I say, she started to do it all however she wanted. She even started pranking me. Ugh, I'll never forgive her for giving me coffee with salt instead of sugar. The worst thing I have ever drunk. Can't believe she found a boyfriend, and a serious one, Daniel. I still don't understand them.

I mean, Daniel is serious about his job, but he doesn't always get really into the case. I have a feeling like he doesn't even care about this case. Maybe because it's an international killer? Maybe he expects someone more professional than him to figure it out. As a detective, can't remember which rank though, something on s, he gets a pretty fine salary. Maybe two times bigger than mine.

I slowly walked into the office. There are many people, weird. They all smell like sweat, hopefully I don't. And the noise, they are way too loud. But there is a person that grabs my attention. Chief. The boss. The witch. A fucking two-faced bitch with many connections with powerful people. Shit, I'm done.

"Joe," She said, not even bothering to look at me"I know you're here, I know you're late, and I know you're having a hangover."

How did she know? I swear she is a witch.

"You smell like alcohol. Awful. You know I could report this, for a millionth time, right?"

That's it. I'm going to the nearby bridge to jump.

"Let's make a deal."

What? What sort of deal? Why would she want to make a deal with me? She would usually report me right away. Fuck, she wants something.

"As you can see, or not because you're probably way too tired to walk." She started to pretend to be a smart-ass. Oh boy, I am in deep shit.

"Everybody that's working on this case, except Daniel and Lana, are here."

Wait, why isn't Lana here? I know Daniel took a day off, but why Lana?

"You see, we got the message from that madman."

"From the killer?"

Holy shit, wow. This is going to turn into something big. Maybe if I do well in this case, I could get a rise.

"Now, as you know, they have never sent a message. But," she stopped talking and walked towards me showing me a paper. It was a simple, A4 format, with some stuff glued to it. Wait, those are words.

"The message is not the only thing they sent. Come with me." she ordered.

I didn't want to piss her off even more, so I walked to the table with her.