Mothers Know Best

<Emman's POV>

The subscriber cannot be reached, please try to call again later...

It was Thursday afternoon and the day was about to end already but still no reply from him. It was the thirtd time I called him today, but his phone was still off.

No one, and I mean it when I say that no one had ignored to this extent Emmanual Yosha Jimenez Montenegro, grandson of the Jimenez matriarch Donya Enriqueta Jimenez whom politicians are scrambling to obtain favor from. This good fucking looking guy is the nephew of General Sergio Jimenez, chief of the army, and son of the Senate President Loren Montenegro.

If there is someone begging for attention here, it must be Han and not me. Not me. Not now, not ever!

[Emman - Aiden's Bro - LLF 04:58PM]: Looks like someone is ignoring me😥

Fuck, did I really just send that?

Who the hell does he think is? What made him feel he can ignore me like this?

If he doesn't want me then don't. Enough is enough, I'm fucking done here.

[Emman - Aiden's Bro - LLF 05:20PM]: will see you at dinner☺️

Shit... shit.... What the hell is wrong with him?

Did he lose his phone or something?

I threw my phone out of frustration. Then I felt again the presence of the annoying yet adorable old lady.

I am now crazy as fuck, can someone really be annoying and adorable at the same time?

Cecille gently placed an envelope to my desk and waited for me to react. When I didn't say a thing, Cecille stared at me intently before she spoke about the invitation. "Isabelle is going to celebrate her birthday next week and you are invited."

Is that a mocking smile painted on her face?

"Throw it away!" I said nonchalantly.

"You know you can't avoid him forever right? Emman, it is the fifth birthday invitation your received from your father and you - "

"I know what that is, Cecille, and I don't fucking give a damn!" I said loudly, almost shouting. "I'm sorry.... But if you don't want to throw it away then I will." Fuming, I shifted my gaze back to my laptop. But everything suddenly became blurry due to anger that was eating my mind.

This anger management issue is really a bitch!!

"Aiden also got his copy of the invitation. Maybe it is about time that Aiden attend an important day for her baby sister." Cecille said casually, keeping her straight face.

I heard the sound of her boots pounding against the floor, following the direction towards the exit. The door opened, Cecille spoke once more before closing the door. "Maybe it is about time to forgive. Healing starts with forgiveness."

I growled. My hands were shaking due to anger. My eyes caught the scented purple envelope on my desk. I picked it up and without opening, I tore the envelope into pieces and threw it to the garbage bin where it belonged.

"He doesn't deserve forgiveness."

------

<Han's POV>

It was Thursday, the second most dreading day of the week. I wiggled my toes, trying to shake off the painful numbness on my feet. I raked my hair and applied a gentle massage on my scalp. My throat felt dry, but I didn't want to drink any liquid to prevent vomiting from nausea. I parted the curtain to glimpse the view outside, the sun was already setting. I have no idea how long I had slept since lunch, the only meal I got for the day.