His Private Room

<Emman's POV>

I was not just hungry, I was also extremely frustrated. I refused to eat dinner during the dragging family and management meeting so Han and I could share dinner together at home, but it was already 9PM and my car was still just about to leave the damn paking space.

I always hated joint meetings with the family and the rest of the core management team especially when politics was part of the discussion. The nearing election has been exhausting both family time and resources. As discussed, the company had to find ways on donating to the campaign while avoiding the tax authorities on finding about it. Such act has always been against my moral compass. Coughing campaign support would make a dent on our bank balance no matter how solvent we were. I am more inclined on using the money to declare employee bonuses than to spend them on nonsense tv ads and campaign materials.

I seached for Lourdes the moment I arrived home. I was dying to find about the damn phone that I gifted Han.

"Lourdes, are you sure Han got his new phone? I left a note asking him to text me, but I did not receive a single message." I exclaimed.

Damn! It hurt thinking Han did not even bother to remember texting me.

With regret plastered on her face, Lourdes replied. "I saw him holding the paper bag so I thought he got the phone. But when I checked your room, he left it the same place you put it. He must have used the paper bag to carry his clothes."

"What? I don't understand. The note said it clearly that the gift was for him." I said in a frustrated tone.

Lourdes let out a deep sigh and replied. "Emman, I read the note and it was not clear that it was a gift for Han. You could have written his name on it instead of being subtle."

Short silence filled the air for a few heartbeats.

"Han spent the whole afternoon chatting and bonding with us, the house helpers. He even made us coffee and helped prepare your dinner."

Lourdes looked at me intently to stress out his point. "I must say he is different among all the people you dated who didn't even look me in the eye when I served them their drink. Han is unassuming so you must be clear with your intentions. Emman, you need to up your game or lose to Martin." A small teasing smile formed at the corner of her lips.

"Martin? My driver Martin?" I cried. "Han likes Him?"

Damn this life.

I tried to contain my jealousy but Lourdes always knew how I felt just by looking at my gestures.

"I am not saying Han likes Martin in a romantic way. But his eyes revealed that maybe he ha a little crush on him. Martin is genuinely kind and likeable and Han must be more comfortable with a person of same background than a man of stature like you." Lourdes nodded to stress his point. "I hope you are getting my point Emman, what works for others doesn't necessarily work for Han. Giving him expensive gifts might not do the tricks."

I closed my eyes for a while and massaged my temple. I have never experienced my gift rejected before. The chase with my prey had always been quick and victorious.

What strategy will work for him? Damn, I'm lost

"Anyway, he did not text you but he left you these notes." I was about to grab the notes from Lourdes but she yanked her arm back.

"You will get to read this one first for tonight then I will give you three more tomorrow and on thursday. I am sorry but I need to follow his instruction."