Chapter 1

"Ravenclaw!" With shaking hands, Jungkook raised from the chair in the front of the great hall.

Someone lifted the sorting hat off his head, as if they lifted an imaginary weight of his shoulders. It seemed like the ground was shaking beneath his unsteady feet and from around him, the people were clapping and the light sound echoed through the seemingly endless room. Trying not to stumble over his own feet, he managed to step down the few stairs and walk to the next best table, not bothering to even spare a second glance at the banner waving above it, or the colours of the students' uniforms. As soon as he sat down and there was a loud wave of laughter going through the crowd, he realized something was off. Did he sit on a whoopee-cushion or something?

Next to him, an older boy leaned over and mumbled; "Sorry mate but this is the Gryffindor-table."

Jungkook could feel a soft blush creep up his cheeks and he quickly rose from where he had been sitting again. After a slight bow to the former Gryffindor, he was quick to turn and automatically went for the table where people were gesturing to sit at their table, with an amused shimmer in their eyes. He could feel countless pairs of eyes on him, most of them amused, a few annoyed and some even nonchalant. As if this wasn't the very first time in years that a new student sat on the wrong table. At that very moment was the first time within the Hogwarts castle, in which Jungkook actually wanted to sink into the floor and disappear but most certainly not the last one.

A Ravenclaw, yeah right... The young boy could remember the conversations on the dinner table of his family's house the evening before. "I bet you would make an outstanding Gryffindor dear!" his mother had said, while she shovelled some fried potatoes onto his plate. His father on the other hand, seemed to have different plans for him, "don't be silly sweetheart, this boy is fairly obvious a born Hufflepuff, don't you think so, son?" Jungkook could only shrug barely visible, too occupied in pretending to be busy with his dinner.

On the other side of the table, his brother had snorted loudly (afterwards hissing from the pain of food in his nose, thanks Karma) and gave a sceptical look to their parents. "You don't know him the way I do." he said, "This boy right there is pure evil. I say, he'll get sorted into Slytherin." In the end they all ended up betting their last Christmas-presents on which house Jungkook would be put into. But there was never a word about Ravenclaw.

Pulling himself out of his thoughts again, Jungkook sat down at the Ravenclaw table and watched the ceremony go by. There were a lot of Hufflepuffs this year and Jungkook smiled whenever he saw the students with the yellow ties jump up excitedly to welcome a new part of their family. He himself had been addressed by a few other students already, but the conversations had never been very long, rather a sign of formal politeness.

After a few other people had been sorted, his eyes wandered back to the Gryffindor-table, to eye the guy that had kindly pointed out to Jungkook that he was actually sitting on the wrong table. On second glance, he was fairly beautiful; natural brown hair falling in perfect strands into a pair of bright, doe eyes. Looking at him now, it seemed like he was already a lot older than Jungkook himself, if he had to guess, probably even a sixth year. There was a girl clinging to his arm on one side and another boy, probably a bit younger than him opposite to him, every now and then leaning over the table to whisper something to him. Jungkook didn't notice he was staring, until the former boy met his eye and gave him a blinding smile, winking barely noticeable.

Shyly averting his gaze, Jungkook looked in the opposite direction, over at the Slytherin-table. Most of the students seemed to already be bored by the ceremony, but some still clapped whenever a new student got sorted into a different house. Jungkook always thought that Slytherins would be impolite and grumpy all the time, as superficial as it sounded. But seeing them give warm smiles and bright gazes to their newcomers, some even opening their arms to start a comfortable hug, made Jungkook slowly but surely believe otherwise. To be honest, in the beginning he might have even been scared of the house but maybe they'd surprise him in the end.