Chapter 5

Jimin's eyes seemed to glisten at the question, sparks of hurt dancing with the dark colour, "You know who I am Jungkook. You were the only one who ever truly knew."

"I witnessed the murder." Jungkook chocked and pulled the vial out of his pocket, "I watched the memory."

With a careful gesture, Jimin lifted his hand, "please be careful with this, it's important."

"Then why give it to me?"

As if the answer was obvious, Jimin smiled a little smile, barely holding any warmth, "Because you're the only one I trust with keeping it."

"So it's really important, huh?" Jimin nodded, "then I'd definitely tell the truth because otherwise, you can make a new one."

He placed the vial on the floor and watched Jimin widening his eyes in terror, as Jungkook's wand was directed at the vial, not spelling a curse just yet, "Okay!"

He scrambled, seemingly trying to roll up one of his sleeves, "I'll show you Jungkookie but you have to promise you'll give me a chance to explain, okay?" Jungkook eyed him distrustfully as Jimin stopped with the motion, as his sleeve had reached the middle of his underarm, "Promise me."

"I don't have to promise you anything." Jungkook responded bitterly.

"That's true." The regret in Jimin's eyes seemed harsh enough to stab through the whole Slytherin, "but I'm still asking you to do so." Silence. "Please Jungkook, promise me."

It was the same kind of voice Jimin had used as he had said the words "I love you" for the first time in the Slytherin common room and Jungkook felt a stab of pain ripping his heart appart all over again, "Okay."

"Thank you baby." Jimin mumbled softly, "I love you."

Instead of answering, Jungkook watched Jimin roll up the fabric a little more over his pale arm and suddenly a few pictures flashed in front of his inner eye. The first time they had hung out in the forbidden forest and he had had a small glimpse beneath the Slytherin's sleeve. There had been something, he had thought Jimin might have leaned into a patch of ink by accident and dismissed the memory rather quickly. Then again, when they had met in the plant house and Jimin's sleeve had loosened, only giving Jungkook a short glimpse of something dark. That memory too, had been dismissed after a mere second, Jungkook being way too consumed by the relief of seeing Jimin healthy in front of him. However, now that Jimin displayed his whole arm in front of him, palm facing up, Jungkook couldn't help the loud gasp and the pang of fear in his ears.

There on the perfect, fair skin, wickedly squirming beneath the surface, laid the dark mark.

The shock made him collapse, knees giving in and hands barely able to catch his fall. His wand fell to the floor together with him and he felt like throwing up all over again. The ache of fear, anger and betrayal had turned his body into a trembling mess, his broken heart crying out in pain. Out of the corner of his eye, he could see Jimin quickly hurrying over to support him with his arms. Those arms that still felt so gentle, warm and welcoming that Jungkook thought he would go insane. He barely managed to utter a warning for the Slytherin to stay away but Jimin didn't listen and instead wrapped his arms around Jungkook's waist to press him into his chest, head tugged beneath the Slytherin's sharp jaw.

As he shushed Jungkook, the fabric of his robe had slid down over the dark mark again and for a short second Jungkook felt like it all had just been a terrible nightmare, "Sh Jungkookie, it's okay, you're safe, no one will hurt you."

Those words seemed so strange and at the same time sounded so perfectly genuine that Jungkook had a hard time convincing himself that they were lies. He felt numb, body overwhelmed with the stress and his heart unable to sort out all of his individual emotions. He knew he would hate himself for it later or at least be scared of it right now but he couldn't help himself but to crawl deeper into Jimin's embrace.