Food

Out.

Tord didn't know why, and he didn't feel the need to ponder about why, but he needed to get out. It was important. Very, very important. He pushed with his arms but found them awfully weak and unable to break whatever barrier held him. He also found that his arms felt strangely mangled, but again he didn't ponder about why.

He found that stretching his legs out and kicking his bizarre cage didn't help him in the slightest. Even if he scratched the surface with his peculiarly long toenails, nothing seem to work.

But he couldn't give up. It was too cramped for him to be able to think about anything else other than getting out. So he raised his head and smashed it into the wall, making a small cracking sound fill his ears. It was working.

But it felt different than he would expect. He was expecting his forehead to clash against  the substance holding him captive but that wasn't it. It was the centre of his face. His nose? No, that would have hurt a ton more. Then what was this thing on his face?

Not thinking more about that, he rammed his head back onto the wall, creating another satisfying noise. Continuously ramming his head into the wall, he thought, was going to hurt but no pain came out of it. Maybe because of the the object on his face; maybe because of the numbness he felt.

When the hole he chipped out was big enough for his head, he stopped and tried to open his eyes, only to find that he could not. He could see, nonetheless, that it was brighter than it was in whatever had been confining him through his eyelids.

A loud, high pitches squawk erupted from beside him, startling him. The same sound continued to pierce his ears in random intervals. Soon, another voice joined in on the unpleasant chirping and he found himself surrounded. He stopped trying to access his vision and tuned in on his sense of hearing.

Just then, a wave of exhaustion hit him. Getting out of that weird trap used too much energy for it not to be puzzling. He was just so tired. He couldn't process another thing because only a moment later, he was swept off and into dreamland.

||

Instinct told him to yell. Yelling would bring food. Food must be be brought. Food is his only priority. Food will arrive once yelling has commenced. Yell. So he did, he let out a short squeal, sounding similar to those beside him. But food didn't arrive, therefore he concluded that his only option would be to yell again.

Eventually, he could feel a bigger presence among the bodies beside him. He lifted his head up, knowing somehow that it would bring him food. A gross noise ripped through the air as a slushy mixture was sloshed messily into his mouth. He gulped it down, not caring too much about the extreme weirdness of the situation.

He settled down as the thick cries stopped one by one. He sighed softly and allowed himself to cuddle up against one of the beings beside him, slightly wishing it was Tom.

Wait.

Tord suddenly let out a strong yelp, meaning for it to be, "Fuck!"

He scrambled up, wobbling on his gnarled limbs. His eyes shot open, surprisingly, and he was met with a blurry greenish world. It was like he was looking through night vision goggles. The moon was out, and so were the stars, he could see them through the leafy canopy.

He could also tell that he was high up, higher up than he should be. He really wished to be on the ground at that point, and to know where he fucking was. In a tree? Why was he in a tree? Why did his body feel this way? Where was his Tom? Where was anyone he knew?

The wind seemed to pick up around him as he looked out over his unfamiliar surrounding. A being soared into view, arms outstretched wide as it seemingly glided towards him. It perched on the edge and looked at him, cocking it's large head, then hovering over him. It seemed to be expecting something.

Tord let out a squawk. He realized through instinct than this being brought food. Not on a platter, no. His food was lying inside of this thing's stomach. He gulped, annoyed and hesitant, and opened his mouth for the slush of food. It didn't taste too bad but it wasn't good at all either. He nestled back into the somewhat soft floor as the great being took off.

Food had distracted him. It had allowed him to momentarily forget about his past life's lover, so that he could sleep easier. But a troublesome quest lay before him. A difficult road he would soon have to traverse in order to find what once was his. Though for him, that could wait.

For a blue hooded fellow across the sea, waiting was certainly not an option.