4.

——

——

The very next day, Jaemin showed up to Nari's cafe once again. This time she wasn't working alone, but with a male employee who was watching her every move like a lost puppy. To Jaemin, it was obvious that this boy was head over heels for her.

"In Ho! Can you leave me alone and do your job in the kitchen!?" Nari scolded at the tall boy who quickly listened to her orders. She sighed and walked towards the counter to see Jaemin right in front of her.

"I'm back," Jaemin smirked at the girl.

"In Ho! Can you take this order?" she called out, and when he arrived, she walked into the kitchen to finish In Ho's tasks.

"What would you like to order?" In Ho questioned Jaemin.

"Nari."

"Woah, dude no," In Ho replied in a defensive tone. Nari, on the other hand, heard what he said and aggressively shoved ingredients in the blender. Jaemin chuckled at both In Ho's and Nari's reactions and stated his regular order.

As Jaemin sat down, he saw Nari looking at him from the kitchen. He smiled and waved at the girl which caused her to put her head down so he can no longer see her face. In Ho's shift was over after he took Jaemin's order, he still stuck around to watch over Jaemin.

Nari called out Jaemin's name for his drink, and as Jaemin was going to go up, In Ho quickly grabbed his drink and placed it in front of Jaemin.

"Here," In Ho said giving an attitude.

"Thanks?" Jaemin laughed, eyeing Nari at the cash register.

Nari noticed how weird In Ho was acting towards Jaemin, and she mentally facepalmed. She knew In Ho was fond of her, but never really admitted his feeling towards her. Nari thought In Ho was attractive, so if he actually made a move on her, she would've gone with it. Jaemin however, was distracting her. She kept sneaking glances at the boy, and she was actually surprised that he came back the next day.

"Hey, you kinda look familiar... Jaemin, right?" In Ho asked.

"In Ho! Go home! It's late!" Nari scolded again, and In Ho panicked. He looked at the time and noticed that he stayed for too long.

"Okay, bye!" In Ho waved leaving the cafe, leaving Jaemin and Nari alone once again.

"I told you I'd come back, Nari," Jaemin said sipping his coffee. She ignored his comments and started wiping the tables clean. "You look very pretty today."

"Shut up," she replied, scrubbing the tables even harder.

"Why does it seem like you're the only person working this cafe?" Jaemin asked, trying to make conversation with her.

"I own this cafe," she responded. Jaemin was surprised that she actually replied back to his question. He was expecting that she would just ignore him or tell him to shut up again.

"Oh? You only have one other employee?"

"No."

"Where are the others?"

"Stop asking me questions."

"Then don't respond."

"Fine. I won't then."

"Wait, Nari. No, keep responding... Your voice is soothing."

Nari sighed, "One's on maternity leave... She's coming back tomorrow I think. The other girl was off... She was at school."

"So does that mean you're off tomorrow?" Jaemin perked up excitedly.

"Yeah..."

"Does that mean you're free to go on a date with me tomorrow?"

"Shut up," Nari rolled her eyes at the boy.

"Well?"

"No!"

"Then I'll find you tomorrow," Jaemin smirked.