5.

——

——

"Ten Hyung," Jaemin whined. "She's difficult. She won't give in to anything I do."

"Maybe you should try harder," Ten replied, rolling his eyes at Jaemin.

"I can't, she won't even budge. I feel like if I text her she won't reply."

"She'll reply. Just try. Good luck," Ten said, patting Jaemin's shoulder.

"She said she was off, and I told her I'd find her today."

"It's not that hard, she's always hanging around the cafe or at her house when she's off."

"If I go to her house, would I be considered creepy?"

"I don't know, Jaemin. The girl doesn't seem like it, but she's a hopeless romantic. Do whatever you can," Ten sighed. "She lives in the apartments right next to the cafe."

Jaemin didn't really know what to do to make Nari agree to go on a date with him. It's not like he was necessarily interested in her, but she was definitely a challenge he would like to pursue.

He had an idea of what to do, but he doesn't know if Nari would give in. The idea was too good and it seemed like a light bulb lit up over his head.

"Wait hyung, thank you. I know what to do now!" Jaemin rushed out of the room and ran to the gift shop in the SM building. He immediately bought the sunflowers and quickly ran to the apartments by the cafe.

☁︎☁︎☁︎

Since it was really late at night, Jaemin was unsure if Nari would be awake because he assumed that she would be the type to sleep early.

However, Nari was just entering her apartment struggling to open the door due to the amount of grocery bags in her hands.

Jaemin chuckled before walking up to her, and he tapped her shoulder. She jumped a bit, making her drop the bag of bananas onto the floor.

"Ya! What the hell!" she cursed at Jaemin. He smiled at the girl and grabbed all of the bags out of her hands, leaving her to hold the sunflowers he bought for her.

"I'll carry them for you, just open the door," Jaemin insisted, and Nari sighed giving in to what he said. He walked into her apartment behind her, looking around to see that the inside was extremely tidy and clean.

He placed each grocery bag on top of the kitchen counter, then placed the items into the place where it belonged. Nari, who was still holding the bouquet of sunflowers, was watching him the whole time and she started to blush just looking at how responsible the boy is.

"You like what you see?" Jaemin wiggled his eyebrows. Nari rolled her eyes, and aggressively placed the sunflowers on the counter.

"Hey, Nari! I bought those for you!"

"Jaemin, why are you here?" Nari yelled.

"Wait, you know my name?!" Jaemin cheered doing a little happy dance.

"Well, yeah I've seen you these past few days. I also know you're famous! So, leave me alone!"

"I told you I would find you, my angel," Jaemin smirked at her, and Nari walked up with him to hit his arm. But before she could do it, Jaemin grabbed her wrist and pulled her towards the couch for them to sit.

"Hey let go!" Nari complained but she didn't really try to get out of his grasps. Jaemin noticed she was bluffing, and let go of her when they both sat down.

Nari pouted at the boy, which made Jaemin go crazy on the inside. He looked at her, noticing the features of her face, hair, everything. She did the same and realized his hair color changed.

"Your hair... It's pink," Nari quietly pointed out, quickly put her head down so it wasn't obvious that she was staring at Jaemin.

"And, your hair is black," Jaemin mocked, and his face was quickly in contact with a pillow.

"You know?! It's kinda creepy you're in my house! And I didn't invite you!"

"Well, I got advice from Ten hyung and he gave me this idea."

Nari fell silent when Jaemin mentioned her "older brothers" name. She missed hanging around Ten, but since he's so busy being famous she could barely see him. Nari also felt like the fame was the reason why they drifted apart, but she was proud of where he is right now, "I forgot you know Ten..."

"Yeah, we're in NCT together! Did you know that?"

"Yeah. I don't care though," replied in a harsh tone.

"Hey, what do you mean by that?"

"Nothing," Nari mumbled, and Jaemin saw it in her face that she was upset. He didn't know what to do or how to comfort a girl, so he tackled her into a big hug. He was surprised that she didn't struggle to get out of his embrace, but what surprised him even more, was the fact that she hugged him back.

"Thanks for the sunflowers," she spoke quietly into his shoulder, as she felt her face heat up. He squeezed her even tighter before letting go, and she tried to avoid Jaemin's gaze.

"Hey, does this mean you agree to go on a date with me?" Jaemin chuckled at the flustered girl.

"No."

He checked the time on his phone to see it was already 3 am. She had the TV on the whole time they were on the couch, and they were watching random movies on the movie channel. Jaemin had attempted to put his arm around Nari a couple of times, but she kept throwing his arm off of her. Each time, he would laugh knowing she was annoyed, but Jaemin tried one last time. Nari didn't push his arm away, but yawned and snuggled closer into his body.

At this point, Nari appreciated the fact that Jaemin was with her. She was stressed from working non stop the past few days, on top of that she would study constantly for her next mid term. Nari had no time to rest, but when she was in Jaemin's arms she felt safe. His presence was comfortable.

She fell asleep in the warmth of his arms. As soon as he heard quiet snores escape her mouth, Jaemin smiled at the sleeping beauty and placed his head on top of hers, falling into slumber.