It was August 13. Nari's birthday. Usually Nari would never celebrate her birthday, especially because it wasn't that special to her. She would keep her birthday a secret and only celebrate by herself. But every year, her parents would send her flowers and a cake to blow alone before midnight.

This year was different.

It was also Jaemin's birthday that day, and he was more than excited. He gets to spend his special day coming into this earth with his lover and bestfriend, Nari.

She didn't even tell him about her birthday, so he had to dig deep to find out. He asked Ten (who didn't know either), her friends, he looked through her calendars, but there was nothing. Until one day, he decided to lurk on her social media and found out when her birthday was through her settings.

He always wondered why she was so secretive about it and why she never celebrated it, so he wanted it to be a special day for her. For both of them. Their birthday was their special day.

Jaemin broke into her apartment a few hours before her work shift ended. Nari always leaves an extra key under the door mat, so it was a perfect opportunity for Jaemin to take advantage over that.

He left a trail of rose pedals from her front door to her bedroom and dropped rose pedals on her bed making a heart shape. Jaemin, being extra as he is, placed fake candle lights on the ground alongside the flowers. He placed his laptop in the middle of the heart on the bed, and pulled up a video.

As soon as he heard the front door open, he laid down on his side on her bed.

Nari looked down at the floor, and she was shocked. She didn't tell Jaemin about her birthday, so she was confused. But her confusion didn't ruin the big smile on her face.

She followed the trail into her bedroom where she saw Jaemin grinning at her. He played a video on his laptop which was a compilation of "vlogs" they have together. She felt her heart melt especially because she didn't realize that Jaemin took half of these videos of her them together. Reminiscing their memories together felt like it was just yesterday that they got together. After meeting Jaemin, she felt like the happiest person in the world.

"Happy birthday, my love," Jaemin chuckled after the video played.

"I love you, Jaemin!" she yelled, tackling him onto the bed. "Happy birthday to you too!"

She pulled out something in her bag, and it ended up being a jewelry box. Taking the jewelry out, it ended up being a gold chain and she put it around his neck.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you," she sang while putting the chain on his neck.

"Happy birthday dear us, happy birthday to you!" Jaemin sang along with her.

"I'm glad we share the same birthday," she laughed, giving Jaemin a big hug.

"I'm glad that I'm with you," he replied squeezing her tighter. "I also have another gift for you... What time is it?"

"It's like, 9pm?"

And they heard a ring from the doorbell. She looked at Jaemin with a puzzled face, and slowly walked into the door, and Jaemin followed behind her. As she looked into the peephole of the door, she screamed in excitement. It ended up being her parents and Ten.

She quickly swung the door open, and she cheered happily. Her mom was holding a box of cake, her dad was holding one as well and Ten followed behind.

"Happy birthday to you both," they all said. Her parents placed the cake on the counter table, and her mom put candles on the cake and lit the candles up.

"I can't believe you guys!" she yelled.

"It was all Jaemin, he flew us here. He made this happen," her dad replied back to her, looking at Jaemin and Nari.

"Marry him, daughter," Nari's mom teased.

They all sang happy birthday to them both, and Jaemin placed his arm around Nari.

"This is the best birthday and day of my life," Nari whispered in his ear. "You made this happen for me, you're the best person who's entered my life."

"Only for you my love, happy birthday."

"Happy birthday to you, too," Nari giggled, placing icing on Jaemin's nose. "I love you, Jaemin! I love you all!"

so uhhh yeah if u didn't notice in the chapter before chapter 1 they have the same birthday and i wanted to make a bonus chapter including that info kekekekekejww jaemin and nari are so cute i love them.

also, pls read my other stories!!! i love y'all!