The Ugly Man

The house was in a frenzy. Everyone in a rush to pack. When they told Eve to pack she found herself not knowing what to bring. She didn't need clothes.. or toys..or really anything in her room.

So she had the task of helping the younger children and the other house things.

"I mustn't forget our calendar. Could you fetch it from the parlor please, Miss Avocot? Go and help the others." Eve heard from where she listened from upstairs in the bedroom.

She suddenly heard the door open and her nose smelled an unsavory smell.

"Miss Peregrine, what a pleasure to meet you, at last! May we come in?" Eve frowned and guessed that he was the man they were running from and made her way to the stair case where the others were.

Her eyes locked with Horrace and he noticed the look in her eyes and he had to nodd his head no.

She should not just run down the stairs teeth and claws out. 

She raised a brow and gave him a look. The one a teenage gives her mom when she really wants something. 

He gave her a more intense look and nodded his head no, as if scolding her. She sighed but stomped down the stairs joining him. 

"Children, would you make your way down the stairs please?" The man asked and Eve found herself growling when Miss Peregrine stopped him

"I give the orders in this house, Mr. Barron!" She said and Eves eyes widened not expecting that.

Damm. Go Mrs. Peregrine!

"Not today. You should know that Jake has served his purpose. If you value his life I suggest everyone does as they are told! Children!" He responded and Eve found and arm itching to dig into his face. she felt a hand on her shoulder and looked over to see Fiona giving her a reassuring look. Eve felt a small. Very small. Part of her anger go away. 

"Shussh! No one tells my children what to do. Children, come down here, please." Eve glared hard at the ugly man her eyes even making him uncomfortable.

He cleared his throat "Miss Peregrine... "

"- I thought I told you to be quiet!" The women yelled shutting him up.

"Children, for Jake's safety, we are going to do what Mr. Barron asks. He wishes to take me with him to his rendezvous in Blackpool. So for his protection, he would like me to assume bird-form, preferentially caged... And he'd like you to make your way into a lockable room, such as the parlor. As he won't relieve Jake if he fears an attack could be mounted upon him once he loses his leverage. Correct, Mr. Barron?" Eve looked at the man who had a surprised and confused face. yet he nodded his head.
Slowly they began to walk down the stairs. Eves instinct to kill becoming more and more strong the closer she got.

"You are sacrificing yourself and all of us... for Jake?" Enoch asked and Eves eyes narrowed on Jake.

"I'll kill him myself if its really a problem" she said and Mr. Barrons eyes looked at Eve at her willingness to kill.

She was making him very uncomfortable.