Chapter 4

"To me, Demons of the Lemegeton!"

The golems which heeded your command were comprised of rare metals and yet their swiftness belied what their normally heavy bodies.

With the acceptance that perhaps you weren't just in some kind of dream caused by the late-night snacks you normally partook in whenever it was a game night, you decided to continue to test out whether or not the virtual reality had actually become a reality. Additionally, if it meant that all the NPCs were still loyal to you even with their sentience, because abandonment and betrayal were your greatest fears on the chance that this really was your life now.

It was bad enough that your old friends and teammates had abandoned you already, but to be abandoned even by your combined creations? Thinking of withering away inside the great tomb in your lonesome made your internal core burn furiously, the sharpened claws making crescent-shaped indents upon your palm as your free hand tightened into a fist.

You would let the whole world BURN first before that happened.

Dismissing the golems after ascertaining their loyalty, you gazed upon the rings of power which occupied all of your fingers, specifically the Ring of the Demon Lord, a one-of-a-kind item which you had won from World Tournament in YGGDRASSIL. The rewards of that particular tournament were decided by a mix of one's ranking in the tournament and in the whole game itself. As the winner of that particular competition along with being the top player, your spoils were phenomenal.

That particular ring reflected all magic up to the 10th Tier being cast upon you. Additionally, it could also reflect one Super Tier spell per day, but it would need a full 24 hours to recharge so it would be unusable for that short duration of time. With you being practically impervious to all magic, coupled with your superior stats, and arsenal of devastating skills, it was no secret as to how you managed to be the top-ranked player in both the Asian and Global server.

However, that didn't mean your other rings were any less powerful. The Ring of Ainz Ooal Gown which sat idly on your right ring finger had the power to teleport its wearer to any named location within the tomb and allow one entry of the guild's treasury room which housed most of its World Items.

Under the current circumstances, would it still carry all of its old effects? Whatever the results may be, you would never know unless you took a chance to test it.

You activated the ring and then came darkness which melted away into a whole different environment from the one you had previously been in. Golden eyes took note of the dark tunnel leading to a giant portcullis and right past that, bright artificial lights. The second thing your senses took note of was the scent of earth and grass just past the gate.

A triumphant fanged grin made its way to your face at the success of your small experiment so far. It was with great joy and excitement that you swiftly made your way towards the portcullis and to the area that lay after it. Even as your steps echoed or the torches flickered in the tunnel which casted a manner of shadows, you felt no fear like you normally would have had you been back in your own world.

For what could possibly scare you when your power had no match? Even with the miniscule chance that your full power might not have transferred over from the game, your very core was growling at you that the lasting you were was powerless.

As you reached the massive Coliseum, your grin from earlier curled into what could only be a rather sinister smirk and coupled with the almost glowing serpentine eyes, and massive draconic wings and slender tail situated on your back, you struck a rather imposing figure.

"I knew this would be a good place to test everything out. It just sucks though that we don't have any of those fools who think they can invade MY tomb and get away with it~" Having actual players to be your guinea pigs would have made things all the more fun and interesting for you. Hearing the despair in their voices as they realize that they had no way of overcoming such an obstacle like you made their inevitable deaths at your hands more entertaining.