Chapter 7

Gazef Stronoff was interesting...for a human at least.

For one, he was noticeably stronger than everyone you'd come across so far.

No, he still couldn't hold a candle to any of your beloved Floor Guardians, but compared to the other inhabitants of this new world, he was leaps and bounds ahead of them.

Not to mention that he was easy on the eyes.

In a ruggedly handsome sense that is.

Hair the color of melted dark chocolate sat atop his head and cradled the sides of his face, leading down to his sculpted jaw and strong chin. His face seemed to be cut from marble. All sharp planes with not a single ounce of fat or softness on them.

He was every little girl's dream knight who would sweep them off their feet and whisk them away from their dragon-guarded castle and into their happily ever after.

Sadly however, you weren't the princess.

You ARE the dragon.

And the castle Nazarick was the one guarding you.

Although that didn't mean you couldn't have even just a little bit of fun.

Just think, the highest knight of a human kingdom fraternizing with the big bad dragon who wanted to take over the world? Forsaking his king, his people, and humanity itself to offer his allegiance to the one who was destined to rule over all?

Your golden eyes seemed to glint like actual gold beneath the light of the setting sun as you licked your lips, the nature of your thoughts bleeding through your actions with how pleased you seemed to be with yourself.

World domination felt ever so sweeter as the plans to get there unfolded right before you as if they were objectives and choices in a typical JRPG.

Whatever or whoever stood in your way, nothing will stop you from taking anything and everything you wanted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Lady Gown, I'd like to hire you if possible. I will be sure to reward you with whatever you see fit as long as it is within my capabilities—"

Seeing Gazef's pleading face almost made a smirk curl upon your beautiful visage, but luckily you caught yourself before you gave away your true feelings.

"Spare me your pleas, Sir Stronoff. I have already placed this village upon my protection. No further harm will ever come to its villagers" You placed a hand upon your chest where your heart lied beneath, "You need not hire me to dispose of the vermin who decided to cowardly attack villages just to lure and trap you."

"I will be more than happy to assist you...free of charge~" The cheeky smile you bestowed upon him could and would send the weakest of men to their knees.

With a tinge of red marring his cheeks, the seasoned warrior nodded and took your delicate hands, cradling them with his own larger and sturdy ones as he gazed into your eyes with earnest gratitude. "Then, I will have nothing to worry about. Once all of this is done, I swear upon my honor to repay this debt to you in full"

Being around your beloved Floor Guardians and loyal denizens of Nazarick had already desensitized you to beauty. As such, you shouldn't have been as affected as you were when Gazef took your hands into his. He showed no restraint, no hesitance when he decided to touch you and as he looked straight into your eyes, there was neither fear nor submissiveness.

Gazef looked at you as if you were an equal.

He did not place you upon an unreachable pedestal like everyone else. Granted, he didn't know of your true nature.