Chapter 5

Sparks of flame spread across the night sky, not unlike flower petals being scattered through the wind on a spring day. Just like those flowers however, they were gone almost as soon as they came just as the dark elf twins defeated your summoned fire elemental.

Truth be told, watching them battle it out sent a rush of adrenaline coursing through your veins. The heat of battle which always sent your blood racing was a feeling you sorely missed, so the chance to truly test out your capabilities now that the reality you were currently inhabiting was real was a chance you'd be crazed to pass out.

To finally enter the battlefield and pit your strength and abilities against others who were almost of the same caliber as yourself...how you mourned the lack of truly worthy opponents to unleash your true strength on.

Despite your lamentations, you'd be lying if you stated that you didn't enjoy the thrill of the hunt. You were an apex predator at the top of the proverbial food chain and sometimes playing around with meek chattel who thought themselves above you before crushing their hopes in one fell swoop brought you so much satisfaction.

It's not that you were a sadist by nature or anything, but if there was one thing you hated it was herbivores who believed that it was acceptable to disrespect you in one way or another, whether it be an offense to you directly or indirectly. Out of respect for them however, you would give them a chance to prove themselves more than the insects you thought them to be before showing the sheer gap between their strength and yours.

What can you say? You were a bit of a vengeful bitch even before everyone started to leave YGGDRASIL and now that you were a living, breathing dragon you were quite sure that particular side of yours was only amplified.

Dragons were not forgiving creatures by nature after all.

Maybe you should have been more worried about how you were almost seamlessly integrating into your new draconic form and mindset, but ever since your reality somehow merged with that of the NPC's it's as if everything just...simply clicked into place.

Besides your the bloodlust, you were also filled with pride towards the twins. Much like a mother bird who saw her children take their first successful flight.

"You both did so well! In fact, why don't you and Mare have something to drink? While your opponent wasn't that difficult to deal with, you must be thirsty from the battle" Before the twin elves could voice anything, you'd already slipped your hands into your inventory to grab a pitcher.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For being naught but mere creations of the Supreme Beings, constructs whose main reason for existence was to serve their masters, the way the Last Supreme Being treated them boggled their minds.

The Lady Lucifiel was TOO kind, too open with her affections and apparent pride towards them and their display strength despite them knowing that it was mere child's play compared to her feats.

Both Aura and Mare could only accept their Supreme Being's graciousness, too afraid to refuse the draconic deity and cause her any displeasure. As the last of their many masters to stay with them, it was supposed to be they who should be serving and not the other way around.

They would be lying though if they stated that they didn't like being fussed over by her. The motherly way she treated them was too great of a reward for them not to take advantage of.

"My, am I the first?" An almost sickly-sweet voice alerted the three occupants at the arrival of another entity.

One that Aura was sadly very familiar with.