Chapter 15

Jake's POV

I was following behind Ness when I saw her stop and that leech grab her and begin running. I could feel the growl beginning to deepen as my pace picked up. I was not too far behind them when another blur came from out of nowhere and knocked me to the ground. When I got back up on my feet they were out of my sight and the scent was gone. I let out a long howl showing my anger and sorrow.

I ran back to the Cullen's house to let them know what has happened, we needed to get Nessie back as soon as possible before those bloodsuckers did something to her. I barged through the doors; however, Edward was already at the door waiting for me having heard my thoughts running here.

"Jacob what happened" Edward said obviously angry and trying to keep his cool.

"We were at the cliffs and all of a sudden I smelled to vampire scents, smelling like the two vampires that had tried to hurt Ness before. I told her to start running and I was close behind her, then one of them grabbed her and took off. I was so close to her, but then something knocked me to the ground and I lost sight of them and I couldn't pick up their scent anymore" I said rushing through the events that had happened. "I am so sorry, I was supposed to protect her and I failed" I said dropping to my knees putting my head in my hands.

"Jake" Bella said putting her cold hand on my shoulder. I looked up at her. "We will get her back ok? This isn't your fault. We will bring her home I promise" she said pulling me into a hug to comfort me.

xxxxxxxxx

Nessie's POV

I woke up to a room I did not recognize. I began thinking and suddenly realized I could not remember anything but my name being Renesmee. I began to panic as I looked around the room which looked to be made entirely out of brick with just a large queen size bed against the wall. "Hello" I yelled out.

Suddenly a man appeared in my room. "My dear Renesmee, how was your sleep?" the man said to me.

"Who are you, why can I not remember anything?" I said my eyes becoming teary as I was frightened.

"My dear Renesmee, I will help you to remember" the man said as he touched my face and then all of these memories began to run through my mind of me and this man who I now know is named Kyle. Kyle and I have been dating for a few years, I am a hybrid vampire, I have no living family left, and there are other supernatural creatures after us, so we are on the run.

"Kyle" I breathed out as I moved closer to him before wrapping my arms around his neck in a loving embrace. "How could I have forgotten you my love?"

"It is ok my sweet, you hit your head, but now you remember and that is all that matters" Kyle said placing a kiss on my forehead and then my lips.

"Can I please have some clothing to change into?" I asked as I didn't see any clothing laying around right now.

"Of course my dear, let me go fetch them" Kyle said and disappeared and then reappeared with some clothing for me to change into.

"I am going to take a shower first, then I will change and join you downstairs" I told him giving him one last kiss before heading to the bathroom in my room to shower.

After my shower I felt all refreshed and got changed. I began my descent down the stairs to where I could hear Kyle talking with another man who I remembered was named Brandon, he being our friends since we got together.

"Kyle" I called and he looked at me and came over and took my hand bringing me over to the couch.

"Come with me my love" Kyle said placing me on his lap. "Brandon and I were just discussing these creatures that are after us"

"Did you find out anything about the things after us?" I asked feeling a little frightened.

"Yes, in fact we did Renesmee" Kyle told me. "We have found that there are a pack of shape-shifters and a coven of vampires after us, they seem to be working together" I gulped. "They are after you my dear" Kyle told me

"What are we going to do?" I asked slightly shaking in fear.

"Don't you worry my love, I will not let them take you from me, I will protect you and keep you safe" Kyle told me giving me a gentle kiss to my forehead.

"I know you will, now what are we going to do today?" I asked standing up and stretching my legs and arms.

"We can do anything you would like to do my Renesmee" Kyle told me standing up as well and smiling at me.

"Could we go to the beach? I would love to look at the view" I told him.

"We can definitely do that, however, it is those shape-shifters' land so we will have to be extra careful, Brandon here will be able to mask our scents as he can make anyone see what he wants them to see, including making them not notice a scent" Kyle explained to me.

"Thank you Brandon, I really appreciate it" I said while smiling at the both of them feeling excited.

I ran upstairs to find more clothing in my room, including a bathing suit that I could bring with me incase I decided to go for a swim while we are there. I packed a bag with a towel and my bathing suit and changed into some shorts and a tank top and ran downstairs to meet the guys to go to the beach that I learned is in a town called La Push.

"Let's go" I said grabbing Kyle's hand and running at my full speed to the beach. Part way there Kyle picked me up so that he could run faster considering my speed was not as fast as a full vampire's speed was. Hopefully it would be nice and relaxing.