Chapter 20

When Cinna was done getting me ready, I noticed he had a strange look on his face.

"What is it Cinna?" I asked.

"When were you going to tell me you're pregnant?"

I gaped at him shocked, "How did you-"

"Your body is starting to change. Your stomach is becoming firm. I'm guessing Peeta, Haymitch, and Effie don't know," He smirked.

"You'd be right. They'd worry too much," I told him.

Cinna chuckled loudly, "With good reason! You're going back into The Games carrying a child!"

 "Do you think Snow would care? Cause I don't!" I snapped. He sighed and finished with my hair, "Cinna, please. I'm going to tell them. Just keep doing what you do and I'll do my best."

"Okay Lily. But if you don't tell them soon. I will. And trust me; Peeta would much rather hear this coming from you than me."

I nodded and walked off to where the carriages were. Looking around I saw a bunch of the other Tributes just hanging out and getting ready. None of them gave me any notice, so I simply made my way over to my carriage and stroked one of the horses."

"Why me?" I asked it, not expecting an answer.

"Lily!" Someone called, approaching me.

Turning around I saw Finnick Odair, the one and only. His costume was pretty minimal, he wasn't wearing a shirt and I don't even want to know what his stylist put around his waist.

"Hello, Finnick," I greeted.

"Do you want a sugar cube?" He offered, "I mean it's supposed to be for the horses, but...I mean who cares about them right? They got years to eat sugar, whereas you and I. Well, if we see something sweet, we better grab it," He held it up for me.

I thought about it and decided to be safe, "I'm okay thank you. But I would love to borrow that outfit one day. I think Peeta might like it," I joked kindly.

Finnick laughed, "You look pretty terrifying in that getup. What happened to the pretty little girl dresses?"

"I'm not a little girl. So, I shouldn't have to dress like one." I answered.

"You're certainly right," He smiled, "Shame about this Quell thing. Now, you could've made out like a bandit in The Capitol. Jewels, money, anything you wanted."

"I'm not really a jewel fan, and I already have a lot of money, so..." I shrugged picking up a brush for the horse, "What did you do with all your wealth, Finnick?" I asked.

"I haven't dealt in anything as common as money in years."

"But how do people pay for the pleasure of your company?" I smirked.

As a result of my inquiry he came into my personal bubble and leaned toward my ear, "With secrets." I didn't make a move that would tell him I was uncomfortable, "What about you, Girl on Fir? Any secrets worth my time?"

Maybe one or two, I thought but I told him, "I'm an open book. People seem to know my secrets before I know them myself."

"Unfortunately I think that's true." Looking over we saw Peeta and Cinna walking toward us. Finnick turned back to me and whispered, "I'm sorry you had to cancel your wedding. I know how devastating that must be for you," He put the sugar cube in his mouth and crunched down on it, "Have a good day." He told me then he turned around to walk away, but not before he greeted Peeta, "Peeta."

"Finnick," He greeted then smiled at me, "What did he want?"

"To know all my secrets," I joked.