Chapter Four

Previously on the last chapter~~~~~~~

"Aw, come on, my mom would be really disappointed." Grace said and Autumn saw the hesitation in his eyes as he stared between her and the human female that he called Grace, and she felt her mood change. Christopher saw Autumn change from white to a pink and he knew if he didn't say no she would soon be red, which meant she was angry.

"Not today Grace, rain check?" He said to her and he watched as her color went back to white. Grace had a sad smile but she shook her head and waved as she left.

Autumn went back to her human size and glared at Christopher with her arms crossed and Christopher rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Did you give her a name too?" Autumn said with an eyebrow raised.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

---------------------

Chapter 4

-------------------

         Christopher sighed and waved his hand dismissively. "She is just one of my neighbors that I bring wood to." He said and Autumn shoulders relaxed but her glare was still fixed on Christopher.

"I don't like her." Autumn stated as she glared at the direction that Grace walked to. She didn't like her at all especially since her heart wasn't pure, so surely her actions weren't going to be pure either.

"I don't think you trust anyone to like them." Christopher said dryly as he hit the tree with the axe.

        Autumn's eyes softened and she turned to Christopher with a frown. "I trust you despite you cutting my house down." She snapped. The reason she trusted him and liked him was because she saw how pure his heart was.

        Christopher sighed but did not respond as he continued cutting down the tree. Autumn sat on the tree stump once again and watched him finish his job. After Christopher was done, he gathered the wood and bundled them up. Since he was a little distracted by Autumn, he only had three bundles to sell to the neighbors. He took two of the bundles, putting each bundle on a shoulder, and tried to get the third one but failed.

"I'll get the last one with the axe." Autumn said as she walked towards the last one, and Christopher was going to disagree but before his eyes she put her arm out and made the bundle of wood and axe float before her.

"You're always full of surprises." Christopher smiled at her and Autumn returned the smile glad that she was praised by him and they walked to the truck together. They put the wood in the back together and Christopher helped Autumn to her seat, and put on her safety belt for her. After the wood was delivered he drove to Mrs. Zelda's house to pick up his sisters. He parked in front of the house and pressed his horn to notify his sisters that he was there.

"Are we here?" Autumn asked as she unbuckled her seat belt, ready to open the door to get out of the truck.

"No not yet, I have to pick up some people before we can head to my house." He said as he reached for the safety belt to put it back on for her again, making Autumn heart beat erratically. Autumn froze in place when she felt his strong chest against hers giving her a foreign feeling in the pit of her stomach, and she swallowed not sure how to react to the feeling. 

        When she heard the click, she hoped that he would go back to his seat because she started to feel something ignite in her, and she couldn't understand what it was. Their eyes met when Christopher was going to ask her if the safety belt wasn't too tight, making them lose themselves in each other eyes, but the moment was quickly interrupted by Angela opening the passenger door to the truck, and they quickly separated from each other.