Chapter 1

I saw him in the crowded cafeteria. His dark gray beanie pulled low over his light hair. He hadn't noticed me, so I snuck up behind him and ripped the hat off of his head, revealing his blonde hair.

"What the fu- hey, Cass." He replied, turning around in his seat.

"I really like this hat." I smiled, pulling it over my long, curly blonde hair. "Does it suit me?" I made faces at my best friend, pretending to be a model. He just laughed at me.

"It looks gorgeous, darling." He used a stuck up, old lady accent.

"I think I'm going to keep it." I smirked, knowing that it was his favorite.

"Oh, no you won't!" He chuckled, getting to his feet. I stuck my tongue out at him, before taking off towards the exit. I dashed between people, trying to stay hidden from the teacher on duty.

"Cassidy Taylor!" Luke yelled from behind me. I was laughing as I made it outside, into the crisp December air. I ran around the corner and stopped once I was hidden. I watched as Luke ran out and stopped, looking around for me.

"Cassidy! Come and play!" He said it in the most creepy way possible. I smiled to myself as he walked around the courtyard. When he had his back to me and was relatively close to where I was hiding, I ran out and jumped onto his back. Out of instinct, his hands went under my thighs, holding me up. I covered his eyes with my hands.

"Guess who!" I made my voice sound deeper.

"Is it Elvis?"

"Nope!" I giggled.

"Damn. It's just you." He was forcing his laugh down.

"Well, love you too!" I swatted the back of his head, moving my arms so they were on top of his shoulders. I clasped my hands together in front of us. We stayed that way until he started to spin, then I grabbed onto his shoulders with my hands, rather tightly.

"Lukey!" I laughed, trying to hold on.

"Cass!"

"Please! My breakfast will make a reappearance!"

"Please don't throw up on me." He said as he stopped spinning and set me down. I was mighty dizzy and had to hold onto him for support.

"I'm good." I smiled, once it subsided.

"Good, because that's mine." He yanked the hat off of my head and put it on his own. I pouted my lower lip, not even bothering to fix my hair.

"But I like it."

"Sucks for you." He rubbed the top of my head before heading back to the cafeteria to finish his lunch. I smoothed my hair down with my hands and ran my fingers through it before going inside. I sat down at our usual table and greeted our friends.

Emma sat across the circular table from me, talking to Ashton, her boyfriend, who was seated to her right. Calum sat next to him, then there was an empty chair between the two of us where everyone just kind of piles their stuff. On the other side of Luke, was his girlfriend, Siena, then it was Dylan.

"Hey, Cass? You not getting food today?" Dylan called, giving me a questioning look as I shook my head.

"I'm not hungry." I shrugged.

"Are you guys ready for finals?" Ashton rolled his eyes.

"As ready as I will ever be." Siena chuckled.

"I feel pretty good on all of them except for math, I am going to fail!" I covered my face and threw my head back.

"No, you won't." Siena, Luke, and Emma said at the same time.