prologue

Taehyung's POV

"Do you believe in supernatural?" she asks, turning the next card.

"I don't."

"I see," she laughs. "Then why are you here?"

My gaze lingers on the lavender scented candle placed on the table. I ask myself the same question.

"I'm skeptical, but I'm not indifferent. I'm just curious." The truth is, she's a regular at my coffee shop. She always orders Turkish coffee and seems to analyze the cup carefully every time before leaving. Jungkook heard she's some kind of fortune teller. It intrigued me so I had to arrange an appointment.

"I knew it the moment you asked to see me. Your yellow aura means you're an analytical person." She takes a deep breath. "The Hanged Man. This card tells me you want to have it all. You will need to give something up in order to move on to the next phase of your life. Something will change really soon."

She continues talking but I'm not paying attention. This is all nonsense. Nothing ever changes for me. I'm 22 and I've been taking care of my family's coffee shop for the last three years.

I'm planning on nonchalantly leaving out of the blue. This is just wasting time.

"Your biggest fear is being lonely, the hermit suggests taking your time and avoiding hasty decisions." her words make me change my mind. Perhaps there's a grain of truth in her words. Or maybe just a coincidence.

Anyway, I lost track of time. It's almost 6 o'clock and I have to meet Jungkook in 5 minutes.

"I have to leave."

"Don't you wanna see your last card?"

"No. Thanks anyway." I reply, looking for my wallet. I pay and leave.

Joy's POV

I watch him close the door as I'm blowing the candles and preparing to collect the tarot cards. Curiosity leads me to check his last card, which is meant to symbolize major events in his near future.

Death. I smile. Most people take it literally and think it is a bad omen. As long as it is positioned upright, it has the best meaning. It predicts new beginnings, leaving the past behind. If the card is reversed, the meaning is not that bad either, but my grandmother has always believed it's a jinx if fate shows you this card upside down.

I can't remember which way the card was put in before I took it. Anyway, I don't have to worry for him. The other cards are also predicting change, so it was probably positioned upright.

What could possibly happen to him?

The Devil Beneath My FeetOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara