III - are you happy living like this?

Joy's POV

Taehyung's fierce look pierces right through my heart, his well proportioned face adopting an apathetic expression for a second which seems to last forever. He'll definitely say no. I'm used to it.

"Sure, why are you asking?" he shrugs, showing the sweetest boxy smile I've ever seen. This is the first time I see him smile and it's not disappointing. A couple of seconds pass as I'm processing the duality of this man. How can somebody be so imposing yet so astonishingly adorable?

"I want to apply."

Taehyung raises his eyebrows in confusion. "Any experience?"

"Does preparing brews at home count?"

"You'll start tomorrow at 8am. We'll complete the contract tomorrow. Don't be late."

Taehyung's POV

I'm cleaning the last table before Jimin's shift. He'll be here soon and I'll finally be able to go home.

As soon as I reach out to get my jacket and turn around to leave, I see Jimin walking in and waving. "Hi, boss." I also salute him. I feel like I forgot to tell him something. Oh, I actually did.

"There's something you need to know! We'll have a new coworker starting tomorrow."

"Why? You haven't hired anyone in the last year and we don't need help with anything. Are you planning on somethin-" the confusion is his tone is kind of amusing.

"I don't mind working less hours. The cherry on top is that she's a psychic. People are drawn by supernatural so we can arrange her a fortune telling spot here."

"Pfft... You're such an opportunist."

"Don't judge me. You'd do the same."

...

The apron suits her. I'm surprised she agreed to practice coffee and tea reading half the time of her shift. I finish my cup of tea and place it upside down on the table so I can rest my face on the back on my hand while planning on ordering new furniture for Joy's spot and playing with the strings of her apron. Do I look like a creepy guy while doing this? She seems unbothered so I guess it's ok.

Joy's POV

I'm washing some cups and meditating as my first working day is about to end. I sigh in relief realizing that I actually enjoy working here. I accepted to practice future reading here just because it will give me some exposure and I could gain more clients.

I can't deny, I doubted HIM and the deal at first but the odds are actually shaping up to be in my favor this time. My thoughts were flying all over the place but my gravity got centered when I noticed Taehyung, I mean my boss tangling his fingers in the strings of my apron. What is he doing?

"Do you need something?" I throw him a confused grin and wait for an explanation.

"Can you read my tea leaves?"

"Weren't you a skeptic? Nevermind, I'll do it." I reply as I take a moment to admire the monochromic motifs of the cup. It is different from the other cups of the shop and has a strange energy attached to it.

"I see a rose on the top. As you can guess, it's a sign that means you'll find love soon. Also, an hourglass. Be careful, an imminent danger is coming." the last prediction is terrifying to me. Flashbacks of the death card reshape in the front of my eyes.

"Pfft. Clichés." he laughs.

"The last symbol I see is a bee. Its outline is formed by broken lines. Your fear of rejection and loneliness is coming to surface again." The tan complexion of his face darkens as he frowns.

"I can't deny. I don't understand your solitary lifestyle. I've never seen you in the company of another human being. Are you happy living like this?"

"I don't need friends. Wherever I go, I've got the devil beneath my feet."