I - early visit

Taehyung's POV

My life is an excess flavored ice cream, topped with syrup made of lack.

I find myself eating ice cream in order to relieve stress and I end up creating an analogy. Good job, Taehyung, you're a hopeless philosopher. My knuckles become white as my grip on the container grows stronger. The excess is not the bad part. Handling the family business used to be my goal a few years ago. I have everything I've ever wanted but I still lack something. My life is boring.

Flashbacks of today's events fill my mind. A few hours ago I hung out with Jungkook and told him everything, his eyes getting bigger and bigger with curiosity as I was muttering about my first card reading session. It's hard for me to believe that a girl could predict my fortune with a couple of tarot cards.

Despite my cynical way of narrating, Jungkook seemed to trust her divination abilities and advised me to deeply think of her words. He truly believes in destiny. On the other hand, I don't. I'm a devotee of the butterfly effect.

I feel my sight getting blurry, almost falling asleep. I sigh. Realization hits me when the clock strikes twelve, breaking the silence of my apartment. It's late and tomorrow I'm working. Ice cream and meditating can wait for now. I should sleep.

...

"A tall espresso and a chocolate muffin, please."

"Pardon?" I shake my head moving my focus on the customer. I was staring at Joy's regular table, which was now occupied by loud teenagers. Wondering why she's not here today, I spaced out for a second. The middle-aged woman who just ordered is pissed off but I couldn't care less.

I calmly serve her and take a break to get the worries out of my mind. Worries? Why would I worry about Joy? I laugh. She may be a fake psychic but she's still a person and there's a reason she broke her habit and didn't come for her morning coffee.

What's the reason?

Joy's POV

I often say I miss tea but I always end up ordering coffee.

I'm emotionally drained after talking to HIM so I'm not leaving home today. Coffee can't tempt me. I don't even own coffee anymore. Taehyung's shop is visible from my apartment's window, so it became a habit to spend hours there since I moved here last year.

Swirling the teabag, I watch the hot water getting tinctured with rosy hues. I wipe the dust off my window and lean on the windowsill to get a better view outside. The weather is strangely cold for a late September day. I thought moving to Seoul will somehow affect me, but I'm not even homesick. Living alone is quiet, as I like it, and keeps me focused on my own goals.

Leaving Daegu to become a successful psychic here was my only dream. A silly dream I might say. I'm not complaining, I'm doing better here but I still regret getting my hopes so high. Anyways, HE promised my desires to be fulfilled soon.

My train of thought is derailed by loud, almost angry knocks at my door. There's one more hour until my next client should arrive. I spilled my tea because of this so it'd better be important. I hurry to open the door while tea drops are dripping of my wet shirt.

Who could look for me so early in the morning?