Prologue

Izuku Midoriya is a 4 year old kid that really liked his childhood friend Katsuki or, as he calls him, Kacchan; and today was the day Kacchan developed his quirk.
Kacchan planned to meet Izuku at the park to tell him about his discovery.
He was running when he saw his green haired friend waiting for him.

"Izuku! Izuku! Look at the cool quirk i developed yesterday!"

He then proceeded to produce small explosions in his hand with his nitroglycerin sweat.

"Woah Kacchan! That's so cool! You think i'll have a flashy quirk like yours too?"

"Of course Izuku, and when you'll get it, we'll become the best heroes that ever existed, even better than All Might!"

"I can't wait for my birthday, and we'll met here for me to show you my quirk!"

Little did he know, because of his unknown father, the big part of his plan will not be able to occur.

Timeskip

It was now the day of Izuku's 4th anniversary, also known as the day when he's gonna discover his quirk.
His mom was driving them to the hospital for Izuku to be diagnosed.

"Mom! Do you think i'll get a flashy quirk like my friend Katsuki?"

"Of course my little Izuku, and then you will begin your strife to become the number one Hero!"

In a Swift swerve, Inko was parked. She was a buggy racer before working in a hospital. They then proceeded to enter the hospital and get to the doctor's waiting room before being called.
Izuku bolted out of his chair to go see the doctor, followed by his legendary mom.

Little timeskip

As the doctor came out of the second room with a wierd sheet in his hand, he proceeded to put the black sheet on the illuminated part of the wall to show the interior of Izuku's right foot.

"Miss Inko. I am very sorry to announce you that your son Izuku will not be able to develop a quirk, for he has the little extra joint right here."

He then pointed the base of his thumb toe (or whatever it's called) to show them the said extra joint.
Izuku's eyes began to water themselves. The young boy was now on the verge of crying.

When they came home, Izuku immediately removed his shoes and went up to his room, before beginning to watch the so famous video of All Might's debut again and again.
When his mother entered the room, Izuku turned his head to her, exposing to her his fullu crying eyes before asking her "D-do you think i c-can still become a h-hero Mom?"

Inko began crying. She ran up to her crying son and hugged him tight.
"I'M SORRY IZUKU!"
That night, Izuku cried himself to sleep.

Timeskip

Izuku was gonna meet Kacchan at the park today. He was in fear. In fear that his best and only friend was going to leave him and bully him or something.
He then began to pump up a little.
"Kacchan won't abandon me, i know he isn't like that."

At that precise moment, Katsuki came. Izuku announced him the sad news, and that he was scared of he leaving him behind.
Kacchan then began to reassure our cinnamon roll.
"Don't worry Deku. I won't leave you behind. It's not the simple fact of you being quirkless that will separate us. I'll protect you."

Izuku then asked him: "Deku?"

"Yeah, since you're calling me Kacchan i think that now that you are quirkless i can call you Deku."

"But doesn't that mean that i'm useless?"

"Well, it's a little pun because quirkless people are useless and it sounds a lot like Izuku."
(that sounded much better in my mind, now it just sounds rough)