Chapter Two: Cops N' Robbers

Minecraft Kingdoms AU

Chapter Two:

Cops N' Robbers 

-...-

The early morning in The Melon Kingdom was quiet and slow, however the afternoon was the complete opposite. The small town was busy with the annual farmers market, yet that wasn't all people were up and awake for. A birthday was today! Young Clara, whom turns 10 today, was a special little melon. She was bright, clever, yet stubborn, and was friendly to all. She was also a good friend of The Prince, Prince Bashur.

“Hey wait! I wanted to be the warden!” A younger melon yelled to the kids running around him.

“But I thought we decided Clara was the warden.” Another, older melon, said.

The young melon frowned, but then Clara walked up to him. She smiled and have him the stick she had, as well as taking off her cardboard helmet and giving it to him too.

“You can be the warden. But no cheats this time! You have to tag us before we reach the boat, or else we win. Okay?” Clara asked.

“Yes ma'am!” The young melon saluted.

“Okay! Back to the cells!”

Clara and her friends ran back to their starting point, behind a booth in the park. They were playing Cops N' Robbers, and a little melon named Reymas got to be warden. He was 6 and the others had to be 8 or 9. The game was simple, and was actually a game that started in The Kingdom of Minecraftia. Clara and the other melon kids sat by a booth, which was their cells. Reymas would let them out and push them back in, and their goal was to escape to “the boat” which was a tree on a hill on the other side of the park.

“Okay!” Reymas smiled. “Today we're going to all play Simon says! The Winner gets to leave to the boat!”

As the other children laughed and followed along with Reymas, Clara had played this game far too many times. She was planning her escape to the boat as Simon said things. Hiding behind the booth, Clara kept out of sight from Reymas, who hadn't noticed her missing. He honestly wasn't the brightest. Waiting for the perfect moment, when Reymas was turned around, Clara took her chance and shot out from the side of the booth.

Being as quiet as she could, which was hard with all the leaves on the ground, she made it passed without being caught. With a smirk on her face, she turned forward and ran passed other booths, heading towards the tree. She passed many other people, breathing heavy in the use of all her energy. For a split second, she looked back, to look to see if Reymas had seen her yet, but ran into something and fell to the ground with an oomph.

“AH! Clara!”

Clara groaned, however didn't feel badly hurt at all. Instead, She felt a grin appear onto her dirty face when she heard that voice. Almost instantly standing up, she looked up to see The Prince, Bashur. Once the young man realized she was okay, he smiled and picked her up, pulling her into a strong hug.

“Ahahaa!” Clara laughed, hugging back as hard as she could, swinging her legs in the air. After squeezing the life out of her, Bashur placed her back on the ground, and saw the grin still wide on her face.