Chapter Three: Faceless Anger

Minecraft Kingdoms AU

Chapter Three:

Faceless Anger

-...-

6 AM and the sun was just peeking out from the horizon. Those who had work were slowly getting up, while those who were lucky continued to sleep until later. Guards yawned while taking their shift, and a slightly cool breeze swept pass the buildings. The Kingdom of Minecraftia was slowly waking up from the peaceful night before, unprepared for the chaos that was about to go down.

It wasn't long after the hour when three outsiders on horses with The Melon Kingdom's armor galloped passed the Kingdom’s entrance. With permission, the outsiders raced towards the kingdom, citizens peaking out of their windows to see what the noise was. On the horses were three men, two assisting the third. One was a Melon Army General and the other was one of the Sky Army's guards. On the third horse was Rotten.

Riding past the fountain and over the bridge, the three came to a stop at the front of the castle. Jumping off the black horse, Rotten passed one of the guards at the door.

“I must see The King!” Rotten hissed.

Rotten and the two others walked inside, being escorted to the Throne Room. When they entered the room, The King was speaking to General Goldsolace and Sub. The three stopped and everyone in the room looked at the outsiders.

“My King.” Rotten walked over, stopping and dipping his head when only a few feet away. The two following did the same. Goldsolace and Sub stepped back.

“Rotten?” King Sky asked, looking surprised.

Rotten's voice shook, but the pumpkin was obviously trying his best to take the situation as professional as possible. Sky even noticed the poor thing shaking a bit.

“The Squids have attacked.” Rotten reported. “They kidnapped Prince Bashur last night.”

Sky's eyes widen. He looked back at Brice and Sub. They nodded to him and Sky turned his head to Rotten.

“What happened!?” Sky demanded to know.

“They sent a spy inside the kingdom disguised as a guard. The spy told Bashur of an incident at The Wall and Bashur left alone without thinking twice about it. It wasn't until over an hour later when I caught the Spy in the act and realized Bashur was in danger.” Rotten confessed. “I went out to The Wall myself, but when I got there, all I found was a metal bat and blood on the grass.”

Sky's hands clenched In anger.

“Bashur did not think to have his guards by his side as he went out to investigate? Did you have guards by your side as you went after him!? They could have taken you as well!” Sky then stopped himself. He didn't have the right to speak like that. He shook his head.

“What orders did you leave with the Melon Kingdom?”