True love

||Still in Rhetts POV|| SELF HARM TRIGGER WARNING

Those words echoed in my mind, "will you be my boyfriend?" I look up at Link and say "yes Link I would love to be your boyfriend." Link looked so happy, the happiest I've seen him in awhile. "Rhett I'm go happy you said yes I love you so much" Link said with an adorable smile. It made me think though what am I going to tell Jessie? Maybe we'll just keep it a secret for now? I don't know but I love Link so much and Jessie has been very abusive to me lately. "Hey Link I'll be right back I'm just going to go out a for little bit and I'll be back as soon as I can." "Okay Rhett please be safe, I love you!!" Links eyes were shimmering. "I love you too baby."

I went to file a divorce from Jessie, I hope she doesn't kill me that's the only thing that's scaring me. Her abuse caused me so much pain mentally and physically. I started self harming but only used the rubber bands. Link never noticed my wrists thank god I don't want him to worry about me. I went up to the lady at the counter and asker her divorce papers and she gave them to me. I filled them out and gave it back to her.

I went back to the hospital to see Link. He was sleeping when I go there so I just cuddled up next to him on the hospital bed. I made sure not to wake him up then I kissed him gently on his forehead. "Link I love you so much, you're mine forever baby" Rhett said holding onto Links hand. Link started to wake up "good morning Linkypoo." "Wait what times is it Rhett?" Link asked. "It's 1:38pm you fell asleep after I left." "Oh okay I thought it was actually the morning, sorry I feel asleep Rhett." "Don't be sorry Linkypoo you've been through a lot it's okay" I said slowly kissing him on his cheek.

A doctor had come into Links room to see how Link was doing. "Hello Charles, how are you feeling today?" Asked the doctor. "I feel a lot better thanks doc, when do you think I can leave?" Link asked he gets very anxious in hospitals. "You can leave tomorrow afternoon! You're healing really fast" said the Doctor. "That's awesome! We can finally hang out together outside of the hospital room Link!" I was so excited that he was leaving tomorrow. "Well I let you two talk I hope you feel better Charles!" "Thanks doctor!!" Link said with enthusiasm. After the doctor left I wanted to tell Link that I got a divorce from Jessie. "Hey Link can I tell you something?" I asked with a little worry in my voice. "Of course what's up Rhett?" "I filed for a divorce from Jessie, I don't know how she will react" I said trying to not let Link see that I was tearing up. "Rhett I'm so sorry are you okay?" Link asked. "Yeah I'm fine she was very abusive to me anyway." I just regretted what came out of my mouth I shouldn't have said that. "Rhett why didn't you tell me she was abusing you?" Link asked. I started crying now Link has never seen me cry before. "I... I didn't want you to worry about me, I'm sorry Link" I said trying to get the words out. Link got out of his hospital bed and hugged me. I was crying into his chest, he was taller than me since I was sitting down and he was standing up. His hug made me calm down.

"Thank you Link, from now on I'll tell you everything."