it's done

2018
it was true. she had turned to the bad things, the things she thought could help.

people couldn't help. she was done. she was officially, entirely, broken.

people loved her, people hated her. sure, she had the boys, brad, brandon, bailey, the fans.

she always came back as the happy little girl who didn't care; she did care. she cared so fucking much.

sometimes, she felt like a hostage when people came at her and attacked her. she was stuck and couldn't do anything without it flying into the public eye.

2019
her and daniel were done. he decided he couldn't love anyone else the way he loved indigo. he couldn't, it just wouldn't be right. sure, they would hang out every so often. she would drag him down to the beach and they would build towering sand castles and come back the next day to see if they're still there. they were still close, just not the same.

her and corbyn were best friends again. they went to pops every night and danced down the isles to the cackling high school musical song as people ate their food. they'd order a vanilla milkshake with extra whip cream and share it with two straws and four plump, red, cherries.

when it came to her and jonah, they were like brother and sister. close as hell, but still throwing little teases around. they now always have lyric sessions, but neither of them leave the room without the other by their side. they would go on target shopping trips at 11:00 o'clock at night and buy everything they think they need, when they really don't.

zach, jack, and her were best friends. they were hella close and everyone (including the other boys) were jealous of their bond. they shopped, swam in the pool, surfed, baked, and had movie marathons. they did it all just to forget the sad things and to be in the moment. they deserved a reward for being so close. the two boys knew their friend was broken, so they were there to glue her back together.

as a whole, indigo evans and the why don't we boys were best friends. they were helping each other grow. they were helping each other be happy.

those five boys were the only thing keeping indigo still sane.

2018

" we need to fix ourselves on our own so we know how to grow. our friends—our best friends are there to help, but we can never be truly happy unless we love ourselves first. "

indigo evans

2019
to have this make the most sense, indigo was sent to see therapists after having multiple panic attacks. she freaked out on the poor lady and was sent to rehab for a couple of months. after transferring to multiple other rehabs in hopes of getting better, she was finally able to go home.

she was finally able to rid of the hospital stench and become herself again.

the past events listed happened as she tried and get better.

yes, she took drugs.
yes, she sold drugs.
yes, began drinking alcohol.
yes, she was insane.

yes, she is better.

it's okay to think wrong about people, but don't speak up about your judgement. keep it to yourself and if it is unnecessary to anyone, keep your mouth shut.

people don't need to have more problems brought into their life all because a ten year old leaves a hate comment.

no matter who you are, what you've done, your words can still hurt.

your words can settle a decision for them. good or bad, you don't know.

help them, don't break them.

when writing YOUNG, i had no intentions in making a sequel, let alone a prequel.

i never imagined a book that absolutely sucks to get even a little attention.

but let me explain the ending to you;

the chapters recover, solo [based off solo by clean bandit], idontwannabeyouanymore [based off idontwannabeyouanymore by billie eilish], party favor [based off party favor by billie eilish], and half of this chapter were written when i first started YOUNG.

i had no intention of ever ending the book how i did then, but i'm happy to have been able to write DUMB and now finish BROKE.

although it was not the ending i ever hoped for seeing as it's hella confusing, i thought it'd be appropriate to use little me's thoughts on how i was gonna end YOUNG.

there's not much else to say.

hope you enjoyed indigo and daniel's adventures while they were
YOUNG,

when they grew up, but were still DUMB,

and while their hearts and wallets became BROKE before they got mended again.

THE END IS HERE