More Than Just Allies

"Really? You're not messing with me?" Piper gaped at Nico, tears of absolute joy streaming down her face, "Leo's back?!"

He smiled at her, face muscles hurting like crazy from the strange exercise. "Yes, Piper. Leo's back, and alive. And…" His smile turned mischievous, and a little bit conspiratory, "the idiota brought a girlfriend."

Jason, who was eavesdropping from a bush behind the Aphrodite cabin, began to fangirl.

Piper squealed, oblivious to her boyfriend's identical reaction outside. "That's amazing! What's her name? Oh! Wait…" A knowing look came to her face. "Calypso."

Jason yelped in surprise. Without thinking, he blurted out:

"Wait - who - what?"

Nico jumped at the new voice that had come through the Iris Message. "Uh… Piper? Who's that?"

She only sighed, and called out, "Jason! Seriously, you're spying on me again?"

A sheepish looking Jason came into view, floating in the multi-colored mist.

"Hi, Nico."

Irritated, Nico slashed his hand through the fog, immediately cutting the connection.

Now, how to fall asleep...

~

Will awoke to screaming.

Tortured, bloodcurdling cries rang through the massive black villa, eerie and chilling in the darkness. Three words sprang to mind in the healer's blonde head.

Nico. Nightmare. Help.

How he knew it was Nico, Will wasn't sure. But he was undoubtedly certain the son of Hades was the source of the screams.

Leo and Calypso were already awake, scrambling into his area of the house, pounding on Will's door and yelling for him - as he was their best (and only) healer.

Will jumped out his bed and ran, pushing past the panicked couple.

"Yo! Ivan!"

The Russian butler appeared in an instant, melting out of the shadows.

"Yes, Master Will?" Prince Ivan the Terrible stared back at him unblinkingly. The zombie really was creepy.

"Where's Nico? Take me to him now!"

Ivan shrugged. "As you wish." He grabbed Will's arm and pulled him towards a dark corner of the hallway.

Too late, Will realized what was happening.

"Wait - I didn't mean -"

They melted into the shadows.

Will resisted the urge to be sick as he stumbled out of the darkness into an even darker room. The screams were louder, emanating from a writhing heap on the bed in the corner.

All queasiness forgotten, Will rushed over.

"Nico! Nico, Nico - calm down, it's just a dream."

Nico continued screaming. Ivan stood and looked at him from a corner, unsurprised.

"Master Nico is perfectly fine. Nightmares are very common."

This didn't make Will feel any better. In desperation, he grabbed Nico's hand, trying to force some healing magic into it. A warm yellow glow filled the room, humming with Apollo's power. Ivan hissed and backed away into a shadowy corner.

Slowly, Nico began to wake, screams fading.

"W-Will?"

Utter relief flooded the son of Apollo.