Ch. 5

"Perfect." Grey commented with delight.

The new boss brought out a tube of the liquid that started it all.

"More ooze? You guys couldn't find anything else?" Seth complained.

"It's the best option," Morris replied, "besides, I call the shots now remember? Let's see if this thing still has a few more tricks up its sleeves."

Grey smirked as Harper rolled his eyes in regret and guilt.

***********

"Awesome!" Spyder yelled.

He found a vending machine nearby.

"There's a lot of those," Harris said, "guess it must've been an idea to make easy money."

"Yeah but we're still going to do fundraisers," Veracity told him, "this school is gonna need it since it took a good chunk of change to rebuild this place."

The daredevil was at the machine placing his money in. The two geniuses stood by him.

"Remember when Ryan used his powers to make all of the snacks pour out?" Harris brought up.

"Yeah that was pretty cool." Spyder responded.

"Wait he can do that?" V asked before looking around, "where is he?"

Harris let out a chuckle.

"He used to but, he lost his powers remember?" He reminded her.

"Oh yeah. Probably sucks," Veracity riposted, "not having his powers anymore."

"I doubt it," Spyder chimed in. He grabbed his peanut butter bar from the machine, "I mean he was born with it. They can't just go away. Wouldn't it like bond to him or something?"

The two highly intelligent beings stopped and glanced at one another.

"That...makes sense," Harris thought about it, "yes it matters what chemicals Leo used to create technopathy-"

"But if your born with it, that means it's part of your DNA," Veracity continued for him, "which would mean that-"

The two shared a look.

"His powers are still in him!" They figured out.

"That's what I basically just said." Spyder simply stated as he took a bite of his treat.

His friends faced back at him.

"And you're right," Harris told him, "maybe it might have to be triggered for it to start working again."

"Yeah but Harris, what would he do with it?" Veracity inquired, "we're all okay and the world is safe. There's no point in bringing back his abilities."

"Unless we suddenly get another monster attack-"

That's when a crash like noise came from outside. It startled some people while most figured that it was a few guys bringing in the last of the new items being placed in the school. The two resident geniuses gave the jokester a look. He put his hands up.

"I was joking." He said.

It got the attention of the varsity captain and his little brother, who was still outside. He stood up and looked around to find nothing there. A sharp shiver went through his head as he felt his eyes begin to shine. That vibrant blue was showing as he walked forward to find out what was causing it. Although, it was better that he took a few steps back. When he pursuited to look for the main cause, he hit his head. Stumbling back a bit, he didn't understand how it happened.