Bonus Chapter #2

"What If he disapproves?" A smile adorns his face. The simple action chases away any semblance of age. She inhales, amazed by his constant displays of beauty.

"There are none that could behold you and refuse you." Crescent rolls her eyes and buries her face in the crook of his neck. He buries his nose in her hair, inhaling the faint whiff of lavender from her shampoo. "You needn't worry." He reassures her. She hums, but doesn't reply.

"Come, I'll have one of the Shadow Maidens clad in a spectacular gown." Crescent rolls her eye but allows him to pull her along.

"What of your mother? She's the goddess of night." The Consort of Dreams frets. This time it is Morpheus that rolls his eyes.

"My Mother is quite busy. There is very little chance she will be present. Even so, none could refuse you." He emphasizes the words by grabbing her chin and pecking her lips after each one. "Have you worries been laid to rest?" He asks without a hint of sarcasms.

"I suppose." She concedes. She's troubled him enough with her frivolous concerns. After all she's only meeting the god of sleep and the goddess of night. She groans, earning a odd look from her lover.

——-

Morpheus gazes upon the work of art before him in amazement. He can think of no dream he or his brothers could weave as marvelous as her. The dress in a done is a traditional Grecian style with a modern twist. Light and airy, the material dances around her ankles with each step. As black as the permanent blackness that engulfs the dream palace with a sweetheart neckline and diamond studded sash belt. The feet hidden beneath the ends of her dress are clad in heeled sandals. Her head is crowned with a golden myrtle wreath, accentuated by her perfect ringlets. Wrapped around her wrists are identical snake bracelets each dotted with a single onyx in the middle where the snakes' bodies intersect. Resting in the center of her chest is a heavy, golden pendant with a onyx in the center.

"My Queen," he gasps. A blush fills her porcelain cheeks. She lowers her head to hide her smile. Morpheus closes the space between them and takes one of her hands in his. He brings the flawless limb to his lips and lays a lingering kiss. "You are a vision." The blush deepens.

"You look handsome." She compliments. Crescent takes a deep breath to try and soothe the slight tremor in her voice. He thanks her with another kiss to her hand.

"I could never compare to you." At that the young mortal is forced to scoff. The god of dreams a vision, an immortal gifted with supernatural beauty and angelic wings. If anything, she could never hope to reach his heights.

"None of that now. We have a feast to attend." He pats the back of her hand, tucking it under her arm.

"You never shared how we will are to travel." Crescent reminds him. That brings a small smile to the Morpheus's face.

"We will take the chariot of course."

"Chariot?" Crescent inquires. Morpheus smirks at the worry in her tone.

"Don't fret. I would never endanger you, my Queen." Of that, she has never had doubts, but of her own fears: many.

He leads her outside to the suspended palace's courtyard. Awaiting in the center of the laid cobblestone is a black chariot filled with tiny moving dots; stars. The rim is silver and molded to resemble an artistic depiction of a star. Four, pure black steeds are attached to the vessel by shadowy reins. As one shakes and rears its head, Crescent spots the feathered wings protruding from its sides.

"It was a gift from my mother." Morpheus explains. Crescent flashes a smile and squeezes his hand.

"It's beautiful."