1

My dad was diagnosed of depression  when I was still a child. Mom tried her best to be there for my dad but he still felt so isolated. Soon he succumbed to his depression and committed suicide.

We moved to Russia after my mom remarried. Good thing her new husband, Alec Varshavski loved my mom so much and treated me and my twin sister Raine as his own. We were just 12 then when we moved. We left the Philippines. We left everything that we've ever known.

Almost six years after the move, I never thought things would go downhill as it would...

My family got into an accident two days prior our 18th birthday. I lost my stepfather that day. My mom and my sister were in critical condition. Good thing we all have insurances or I wouldn't know where to get money for hospitalization. The money left by my stepfather in the bank is just enough for us to get by for three straight months. His family never approved of his marriage with my mom, so upon his death, I wasn't allowed to visit his wake or even see a glimpse of his burial rites. I was kicked out of his house in St Petersburg and was left homeless. I had to transfer just some of my necessities to my bestfriend  Janeev's dorm. I figured, I will be spending most of my time in the hospital anyway, so its ok.

I am also studying in college, I also have to keep up with my requirements. I became numb of all the crying. Its a lot to handle but I'm on autopilot. Good thing Janeev never left my side.

                          ~°~

"Penny for your thoughts?", Janeev sat beside me in the waiting room just right outside the ICU. It was saturday.

I sighed, "I'm thinking about giving up school and getting a job. Once mom and Raine reaches their maximum on their insurances, I need to shoulder the hospital expenses to keep them alive. I don't know how long they'll stay in coma".

Janeev gave me a tight hug as I start to tear up again. "Shhhh... Be strong. Your mom and sister needs you to be strong. You'll get through it. We'll find a way to get the money you need for the hospital expenses and for you to finish your degree".

"That's easier said than done. How will I do that? For sure, the money I'll be making wouldnt be enough to pay for the hospital bills and the uni", clearly unsure of where to start.

"Since you're so fond of creating videos and fashion, why don't we start with what you can do? I heard there's an acting, hosting and modeling audition held in St Petersburg State University next week", Janeev suggested.

"I guess I could try... "

"Let's get you prepared then! What are you waiting for?! Let's go back to the uni and sign you up. Chop chop!"

"I hope they wake up soon, Janeev. "

"I hope so, too."