CHAPTER V: Homecoming

I watched as Katniss got the hairs yanked out of her limbs. She clenched her teeth as Venia (a member of the styling team) apologised for the suffering she brought her. Thank God I didn't live here, or I'll be stuck with an accent like hers. I read the huntress' annoyance of the accent like a novel - she looked like she could whack the aqua dye from her wig.

Definitely thankful.

"How could you stand this pain for so many years?" she sneered.

I could only grin "I didn't."

Katniss strained a laugh as she covered her eyes and put her head on a pillow.

The staff didn't attend me in the Remake Centre for two reasons:

1) I already fine with body care.

2) The crew seemed terrified of me.

The team gave me intense stares but as soon as I glanced their way, they found their feet more impressive. I couldn't care less; I learned that our stylist would be my childhood stylist Cinna Helvius. He was only seventeen when he went into styling. He was so enthusiastic about his job, honouring it with pride. Cinna was practically my older brother considering how he took care of me during my Capitol visits.

My lack of body hair did not prevent a scrub down and nail control.

Dammit.

It wasn't long before Katniss and I were wrapped in silk robes and shoved in a room waiting for our head stylist. The awkwardness sat comfortably as the Capitolites whispered and giggled to themselves in their own oblivious way out the door. Katniss' face remained stoic but her fingers twitched and dread seeped into her eyes. Solis hid his head beneath his wings on a table.

"I made a promise to Prim, you know."

She spared a confused in the mirror, "What did you promise?"

I held my head up high "That I'll get you and Peeta out of this."

"You shouldn't have given her hope like that." The huntress gave a bitter snort, "There's no way out."

"No, I should have, since her sister has so little of it." I growled, her apathy was frustrating. "What's wrong with giving her something better than dread to hold on to? There's a way out, but only if you want it. That's how you've been surviving all this time, isn't it?"

Neither of us wanted to back down from our stubborn glares in the mirror. Our jaws clenched, eyes hardened. But Katniss read in my (E/C) orbs that I had no intention to deceive her and submitted. She was about to speak again before the sound of designer shoes clicked on the marble ground.

The owner of the shoes wore raven black clothing, possessed light bronze skin and had minimal makeup save for the stunning gold eyeliner he pulled off. No abnormal mutations, no skin colouring, just a normal but stylish man. That's my Cinna.

"Do my eyes deceive or is that my little star, (Y/n)?"

I huffed a laugh "Nah Cinna-mon Bun, I'm a ghost."

I jumped into his arms as he held me tight with a deep chuckle. Stepping away, I examined his face.

"Man, you've gotten old."

Our stylist grunted, "Well thanks, (Y/n), you're not a spring chicken yourself."

I slapped my hand over my mouth mumbling "sorry".

Joy disappeared from his dark orbs as reality sunk in.

"I'm sorry this happened to you guys, you deserve better."