Sick baby

Taking care of sick baby Taehyun is harder than I have ever thought. He is crying almost nonstop and holds palm pressed on his ear. I need to fight with him every time he needs the eardrops. I am surprised that our neighbors haven't come here yet because Taehyun is always screaming as if someone is torturing him.

"Can you please do something with his annoying crying?"

Jinwoo is standing in my bedroom with pleading eyes while I am trying to read fairy tales to calm down Taehyun.

"Do you think that I am happy?"

We are all tired to death because he is crying too much and too long. Jinwoo goes away and I am on edge of tears. I am feeling like a zombie and Taehyun is still painfully whimpering. I lay down next to him and hold my baby close. Taehyun is still sobbing and I am singing him a silent lullaby. But instead of him, I am the one who fell asleep.

I can hear his crying from my deep slumber, but I can't wake up, I am so tired that my body refused to move. Then I feel that Taehyun is gently removed from my arms. Someone pulled the blanket over me and I snuggled into the warmness. For the last two days I was awake almost nonstop and now enjoy every minute spends in bed.

I wake up and don't know which part of the day is. I was drooling so my chin and pillow is wet. I brush my hair with fingers and look around the room. Where is Taehyun? I jumped out of the bed and fell down because my legs got trapped in the blanket. I got up and opened the door of our bedroom. Something is wrong. I don't hear Taehyun! Did he leave the apartment?! I run around the apartment. Suddenly I hear something from Seunghoon's bedroom. I gently knock on the door and enter his room. Seunghoon pressed index finger on his lips to show me to be quiet. He turned around and see Taehyun on his back. Taehyun's legs are dangling on his sides and his head is laying on Seunghoon's back. My little baby is drooling and he is sleeping. Seunghoon tied blanket under Taehyun's padded bum and around his back so he doesn't need to hold him.

"It calmed him down. To be like this and when I started to walk around he dropped off."

I am staring at Taehyun and he is really asleep! Seunghoon is walking around his bedroom. He is bouncing the baby on his back and I want to cry. I tried everything and this worked?

"I know that you were very tired and exhausted, so I let you sleep and took him."

I hug him because this is what good friends do. I carefully take Taehyun from him and carefully lay him in our bed. I can't believe that he is really sleeping and slowly lay down next to him. I am waiting that he will start to cry again but he is even quietly snoring.

I feel like completely new man after a long sleep but then comes another battle. Morning dosage of his eardrops. He still has a small fever, so he doesn't want to eat much and then come time to fight. I carry him to the living room and sit on the couch. Seunghoon sits next to us and hands me the eardrops. He holds Taehyun's head between his hands while I gently pull his earlobe backward and let the medicine drops in his ear. Taehyun starts to cry softly and I hold him down because he needs to lay for a few minutes. I put the cotton ball back in his ear and put a plaster over it. I sit Taehyun on my knees and he angrily grabs my cheek as trying to tell me to fuck off. I lay his head on my shoulder and pat his back. Seunghoon takes him from me and walks around like last night. Jinwoo sits on the couch and patted my back.

"I am sorry that I was rude tomorrow. I was tired and didn't mean it like that."

I nod because I know that he likes Taehyun but he was annoyed. Seunghoon put Taehyun back in my lap and gave him his pacifier. My baby is still pouting so I kiss his cheeks. I press my palm on his forehead and feel that the fever is gone. Finally, he is getting better and soon I will be able to sleep.