5) Feel it in my bones

Matt stared at Dean for a while before answering. What kind of a question was that? Cold spots? Come again?

Also, Vera so didn't want Matt to find out he had ghosts in his apartment. What ghosts could hang out with him, huh? Newsflash – her. Here came yet another faster way to figure out she was dead. Possibly with liquefied insides. Ew. Jesus, she really didn't need that information.

"Uhm... no, I don't think so. Why is it important?" Matt asked weakly and seeming baffled.

Dean made a face. "Well, ghosts aren't a good thing to have in your apartment. We'll check it out when we're on it. I'll get the stuff."

He left the room, Vera's murderous glare following him. She turned to Jack, who was watching his hands in awe.

"How did you do that?" she demanded, traces of complaint in her voice. Hey, she wanted to be able to do that too! It was her right to punch Dean in the face for digging into Matt's trauma!

"I have no idea," he mumbled, not even looking up. "That never happened before. And believe me, I tried, especially in the beginning when... that Stick asshole hit my kid."

Vera grimaced. Well, that was fair. "Maybe you got stronger. That could be a good thing, right?"

"Not sure. I was... really angry."

He slowly raised his bright eyes to her, suddenly looking scared. He wanted to hit Dean, but... he didn't want to hurt people... to unleash the fabled Devil in Murdock boys.

"Hey," Vera soother him, hand on his forearm. "He was being a dick. He deserved that. And it was just a punch. I mean... a fabulous one, but that hardly comes as a surprise."

Jack attempted a smile, hesitantly covering her hand with his. She smiled back.

"What happens now?" Matt asked Sam quietly, not getting up just yet despite the smell and taste no doubt killing him.

"We'll try to find a creature that would match the... modus operandi so to speak. Because this definitely sounds supernatural. As for the ghosts... we'll check for EMF – ghosts... operate on certain frequency and we have a device that can detect them. Then we'll see."

Matt nodded dully, pushing himself up. Vera followed him with her gaze as he walked to the bathroom, the door clicking behind him. They all left him his privacy, but Sam's brilliancy showed again as he tied the trashcan bag, shoving it behind the door of the apartment, and opened the window to let some fresh city air in. Vera kinda liked him for it.

"Dude. I just walked six stories up, I'm not coming back down," Dean complained from the door as he set down some equipment and Sam rolled his eyes, taking his phone, shooting him a text – seemingly not wanting Matt to hear the response. "Fine. Bitch..."

Vera blinked at the strange exchange, but didn't spend too much time wondering what that was about and what Sam could have told Dean. The taller man already sprang into action, taking a device resembling a walkie in his hand, turning it on by the door. Vera didn't know what to expect; she stood frozen on her spot, afraid what would happen if he approached her with it. Would it like... vaporize her or something? She didn't want that. Things so far kinda sucked, but she didn't know what the other options were, so she would take what she could get.

Sam slowly scanned the apartment, taking cautious steps, waiting for any response from the device.

"Jack? What do we do?" Vera whispered, looking at him, searching for an advice, for support. Apparently, he had none.

"No idea. Let him... check us? Maybe it can tell if we're... good ghosts or not?"

"Well, are we?"