CHAPTER 2: START OF THE DAY

The day started sweet and I chose to stay happy. One of the best things about the hostel is that you make friends for a lifetime. Staying under a roof, sharing happiness and sorrows, festivals and heartbreaks and everything else make life beautiful. I've got two jewels I found in college life. We are roommates from the very first day we entered Madam Curie Girls’ Hostel. It was always the three of us. However, there was some problem and they couldn't accompany me on that day. I assured them that I was fine with it and could go with others. Deep down maybe I was not. I had to go with the other girls who were going as well.

I put on my yellow dress, got ready and hurried to one of my favourite hostel rooms where our senior-cum-sisters resided. They help me with the kohl thing, we wished each other and I was all set to leave.  

We girls are never too content with what we have in our wardrobes. Just when I was about to leave, I figured out that I needed to change my footwear. It didn't match or maybe they were all worn out. One of my roommates insisted on considering her belly shoes. I resisted as it was brand new and she hadn't used it once. I cannot win her you know, she's stubborn. I grabbed my clutch, my phone and umbrella (a bright sunny day, remember?) and hurried downstairs where the other two girls were waiting for me. Most of them had already left. "It's nearby and we can walk", they told me. I didn't know the exact location, so I walked with them. The road in front of our college gate is really a busy one but today it was easy to cross. Maybe I was walking absent-mindedly and just followed the other two girls. I can’t actually recall what I was thinking, happy from the outside and troubled from the inside. Maybe because I was forcibly trying to make this day special by coming out. Maybe deep down I had no big enthusiasms. Maybe I wanted my roomies to be by my side. However, I walked and walked hoping that I’d feel better after coming back and complete my studies. In the middle of all these thoughts, I asked anxiously pointing to the lane just opposite-“Are we going to take this way?” They said yes and the last thing I remember was that we crossed the road.