Chapter 6 :

Eren groaned as he rubbed his chest. That had been a weird dream -- a very weird dream. He still didn't know what came over him, forcing him to jump off the edge like that. He plucked his phone out of his soggy pockets and tried turning it on, his phone buzzed and the screen lit up immediately. He sighed in relief as he brought up the speed dial and contacted Armin.

While wedging the phone between shoulder and his ear, he untied the laces of his shoes and picked them up by the cuffs, hooking them on a branch and leaving it to dry. He rubbed his cupid's bow to try and get rid of the sand and he hears a bing on the other side of the line.

"Eren! Where the hell are you?!" The worried voice of the blond coconut friend boomed through the speakers, deafening him for a moment.

"I'm at the bay. You know, the one with that big ass horse statue with it's ass sticking out?"

"STAY THERE. I'M ON MY WAY."

"Wait-- Armin--" The motherfucker hung up.

Damn.

Eren sighed as he flopped on the ground again. Seriously, some people didn't know how to chill. What's with his dream with Levi anyways? He left him ages ago, as if he's going to fall back into his arms like a fucking cheap whore. He heard a honking of a car above from where he was.

'Armin.' He waited for his blond friend to offer his hand to make him stand up but nothing was there. He scrambled to sit up and look over his shoulder to the narrow road behind him, a white BMW i8, definitely not the same black matte Mercedes G Wagon he was familiar with. The person driving definitely wasn't the familiar coconut he knew. He sported a regular white Louis Vuitton long-sleeved button-down shirt and a black leather biker jacket from the same brand paired with the Louis Vuitton monogram track pants. His shoes were the Gucci leather high-top with a tiger and he had a silver Anger Forest Wolf Head necklace around his neck and a pair of iconic Gucci earrings glinting in the ray of sunlight from the gap between the winded tinted windows.

Eren sucked in a sharp breath and he thought to himself, 'Maybe he's here to enjoy the sea too. No big deal.' Until he got out of the car and approached the brunette. He noticed his sleeves were rolled up above his elbows that showed noticeable tattoos caking his visible skin, his ocean eyes spotted inked skin peeking out from his shirt and calculating, obsidian eyes piercing through his soul. The most obvious features of the man made him hold his breath, it reminded him so much of the boy that he was best friends with when he was younger. He remembered the gentle hum of the radio playing Suburbia in the background while he and Jonathan kicked their feet, raining droplets on one another's shins. The crisp smell of autumn air and the old, wooden bench that was always occupied by an old woman who fed the birds breadcrumbs. They'd stay up till late at night just to enjoy watching the stars and and hearing the accustomed rumbling crashes the waves had offered, and the soft, wolfish howls of the occasional wind that passed.

"I'm diagnosed with bone-marrow failure, Eren. I can't stay for any longer. You know that."

The brunette bit his bottom lip painfully hard and curled his hands into fists, his knuckles turning white. Stray tears gathering at the corners of his eyes and he tried so hard to keep it all in. "But you're... with me now."

"Eren." John coaxed, his fingers reaching out to brush the stray strands of brown hair away from ethereal eyes. "Eren, look at me."

"No!"

"Eren, do you know why... I always said I'd live my life to the fullest? Do things that I always said I was terrified of and always dreamed of doing? Going to perform dance in front of the inter-school concert and kayaking to a random island off shore? I've always been scared of dying, and being told that death was an inevitable and that I was diagnosed bone-marrow failure on my seventh birthday, that almost gave me a heart-attack. The irony. Remember what my brother said to you on my parents' fifth anniversary? He said if I wasn't around anymore, he'd take care of you in my place, like how I do right now. Maybe.... maybe if you leave this state or city, wait till he comes for you again. If you get a boyfriend or girlfriend and break up with them--"