Filler Chapter:

Song : Million Eyes by Loïc Nottet (or as most of you know as the Sia's Chandelier guy)

×××

The song didn't play on my player and I got worried so I threw in the song there just in case any of you wanted to listen to it while reading. The chapter is based on the song, so I recommend that you do.
Also, I'm so sorry for being inactive for so long. I noticed I'm quite annoyingly apologetic every time I start these Author's notes now and I resent that. I'll make this part and keep it - make more parts before uploading all of them. Enjoy the chapter! The last didn't have any singing, ha ha.

×××

"The boy who found hope"

×××

Connor's POV

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

How could he be so stupid? Eren doesn't deserve what's happening to him right now - and it's all his fault. He clenched his fists that covered his face, toes uncomfortable with small scraps of rocks nudged between them and thighs numb from his elbows burying themselves into them, his cheeks were cold, lips bluish and eyes squeezed shut.

"Jonathan, what should I do?" He gritted out in anguish. "I'm so sorry, Eren."

How could he have let anything happen to him?! He was the one who graduated from a university when Eren dropped out - John couldn't even fathom the reasons... he was dead for Christ's sake!

Away, get away.
You're such a freak,
It's what people say to me.

It had been that way for so long before he met the two. He felt unworthy, so lost and crippled by the force of human society.

Different, too different.
I'm scared of judgement.
Your insults and your slanders stick on to me.

He remembers their sneering faces in middle school when he shuffled around the halls with Eren. The guy didn't even do anything while they jeered at them. Why're you sticking with that faggot? Ew, they're gay. Or - people like you shouldn't exist, you're all freaks. But Jonathan was there to fend for them when no one else would.

Yes, with your million eyes you're watching me.
You talk behind my back,
You spy on me.
So I scream and shout to make you leave.
But you're still here, you keep judging me.
With your million eyes, eyes.

His first date - second love - was completely abusive. He'd raise his hand against him if he ever wanted to. He watched him up until the very last second of their fragile relationship. He'd never been that way for the first three days - he'd been sweet, caring even. And then came the downfall. He watched. All the time. Whenever Eren and he'd hang out, he'd watch with a close eye from a far distance. He'd always felt his stares boring into his back with malice. And Eren would always walk up to him at lunches with cuts and bruises littering his neck and face. He had been worried for him, not realizing the extent that he himself had hurt him too.

"Drowning, I'm drowning in that clown's mask.
To make you laugh at my thousand flaws.
Alone when I'm all alone I take my smile off.
But your heartless words have left me scars." He remembered those very words that Eren hummed out when he asked him how's he been. The pain twisted in his eyes and now he knew why. The reasons were so obvious - Levi and he were no different from hypocrites that would run away into others' awaiting arms just to escape their problems. And at the time, Eren probably felt like he was the problem. How he regretted it with his very being. Why didn't he do something?! Anything would've been better than nothing!