August 22, 2018

Today is my last day with Johnny and I didn't know whether or not I should be sad. He's been a big part of my decision of staying or not, and I can't help but feel bad for plotting to hurt him the way he hurt me. No one deserves to feel that way, not even the person that caused it.

After seeing Hayden yesterday, I felt a lot better about what happened with Johnny. He and I have been best friends since we were little but drifted apart once I moved to Toronto. I ranted to him and in return, I invited him to the party tonight and told him to invite as many people as he wanted.

It's about 3pm and the party doesn't start until 8 & so I began to set up the drinks station, the stereo, and even putting signs on which rooms are allowed to be used. Teenagers can be crazy nowadays.

As I'm cleaning pool, I hear the sliding door open and I turn around and see Johnny. Shirtless.

"Good morning, Mon."

"Hey. Wanna help set up?" I say while rolling the cover above the pool. Decided that I'm not gonna be mean to Johnny because after tomorrow, I'll never have to see him again.

"Yeah. What do you want me to do?"

"You can-" I'm cut off by the sudden splash of water that hit my back. I look to see where it came from and Johnny was standing there with the damn garden hose.

"Johnny! I just straightened my hair this morning you goof!" I pretend to be frustrated. The smile on his face disappears as he walks over to me with a towel. When he's close enough, I attempt to push him in the pool but failed miserably and somehow, I ended up in the pool.

I swim up to see that Johnny is no longer here. I frown, wondering why he ditched when suddenly, I felt a pair of very familiar arms wrap around my waist and turns me around. He keeps one hand on my waist and tucks my hair behind my ear with the other. He leans in and I find myself doing the same thing. Soon enough, our lips touch. I realize how much I miss feeling his lips on mine. This was different from our other kisses. This one had meaning to it, as if he was trying to tell me something.

I pull away, not wanting to go any further than we've already went. I keep my hands around his neck while his hands are roaming my body everywhere. He began to kiss my neck, my cheeks, and my lips.

"Don't leave me, Monika. I'm sorry that i didn't appreciate you earlier. I really do care about you and I'm so stupid for saying all those things."

"Yeah. You are stupid." I stifle a laugh, not being able to keep a straight face. Johnny smiles for the first time since our fight and I couldn't help but smile back.

"What does this mean?" I say, genuinely confused. Does this mean that he wants to be with me or he just wants me for one more night?

"This means that I like you, a lot. And I'm ready to see where this is going. I can't lose you because I'm sure you're the one. I'm falling for you, Monika. So fucking hard that I can't imagine what it's gonna be like if you leave. What I'm trying to say is, I want you to be my girlfriend. Be mine for as long as you can stand me." He laughs nervously and I stand there speechless. I didn't know Johnny Orlando was capable of being sweet.

Without hesitation, I kiss him passionately. I don't even have to answer his question because he already knew it. And just like that, I am not leaving this cottage broken hearted. Instead, I am leaving with the one that I care about and potentially the one that I'll love forever.

======

THE END!! I hope you enjoyed this short story because I definitely enjoyed writing it! Check out my other fanfics:)