Chapter 14

Mom drove us home with a loaded trunk of diapers. I was absolutely fuming. I didn't speak the whole time but Mom kept rambling on about stuff I couldn't care less about. I was occupied thinking of my escape from her wicked ways and my turmoil. It was an awful time to he laid off because now I couldn't even afford the shack I so despised.
I could find somewhere to squat, or I could live on the sidewalk, or I could somehow live with Dave, although I barely knew him, however, those thoughts were crushed when I imagined wearing a diaper next to him in bed or having any bedtime accidents. I would just die!
My options were few and very limited. I couldn't think straight knowing that tomorrow I'd be sent to work in a diaper. A junior diaper with patterns on the front. If someone saw me in my diaper they would think I was 12 and still to old to wear diapers.
The rest of the day was glum so I stayed in my room most of the time. We had dinner and I went back to my room. Thankfully I felt the need to go toilet and pee, which was a relief as I thought I was becoming incointinent. The diaper had a stretchy waistband and velcro tapes so it was easy to slide down and pull up again without untaping it but I still felt incredibly infantile as the diaper hung around my ankles waiting to be pulled back up.
I drifted off to sleep quite early and felt Mom tugging and taking off my diaper in exchange for my slightly thicker night time diapers.
"Wake up Stacy we need to talk." Mum nudged.
I sat up groggy and disorientated as she sat at the end of my bed.
"Now Stacy listen, I know you think I'm being harsh on you and that I'm being a mean Mom but I'm only doing what's best. It's not normal for a girl your age to be having accidents, in fact you should have grown out of the bedtime ones ages ago but it doesn't even seem like you're trying. Now I'm doing what I should have done ages ago and I'm taking more control and if that means you wearing diapers in the day then so be it. How will you ever expect to find a nice guy and settle down and have a family of your own? He won't find this attractive one bit. I'm trying to protect you from getting hurt, it's a cruel world out there Stacy and I don't think you will be strong enough to cope. Now I know losing your job was tough today but it's no reason to wet yourself. If you can't handle news like that then how will you cope in life? Tomorrow I want no fuss about wearing your diapers to work as it's not up for debate. If you don't like the way I do things you are free to leave but know that I own everything in this house and I will be giving no hand outs. It's time for you to grow up and stop whining. I couldn't believe I had to spank you in the store today, totally uncalled for and childish behaviour like you're a 3 year old. If that's how your gonna act then that's how I will treat you and believe me you won't like it."
Mom kept rambling on like this for another 20 minutes. I could not get a word in edgeways. It was basically her telling me I was to listen to her and obey her without complaint. From the way she was talking I knew none of this "chat" was a two way discussion.
"And finally Stacy just to let you know Claire will be staying with us from next week for a few months. Judy has to work in New Zealand for a while and had arranged for Claire to stay with her aunt but her aunt has unfortunately taken ill. She will be sharing your room with you, this double bed is big enough for you both." Mom explained.
"What, I...I can't." I said in panic.
I had never gone to a sleepover before in my life and I had never had anyone sleepover. I was always worried I'd wet the bed or they would feel my diaper in bed. Mom can't be serious.
"Well I've already told Judy it's ok. We've got to help friends out in life. It good karma."
"But I can't. Why can't she sleep on the couch or we can get an air bed in the living room." I continued.
"Nope, she's our guest and she should feel comfortable. Besides your both around the same age so you both should have lots in common. My decision is final." She said as she got up and exited my room.
I was so frustrated. I didn't need this right now.
Between losing my job, wearing diapers and now fearing an unexpected guest stay I had a lot on my plate.
My anxiety was sky high and I felt panicked all the time. I needed to think of a way to be out of these diapers and fast.